Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to change default log location of SMF registered processes. Post 302500579 by hergp on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 03:55:21 AM
Old 03-01-2011
You cannot change the location, it is coded into svc.startd and not configurable. All Logfiles will be created in the same location. The name of the logfile is derived from the service fmri.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

I need to change the location of a netbackup installation

Can anyone tell me how I can change the default location for a netbackup installation to another location on my box? The default location is too small and I want to install in another location that has the adequate space. The Netbackup user manual is USELESS!!:mad::mad: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
3 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Need to kill processes from a specific location

Hi, I need to kill processes from a specific location for Linux, HP, AIX and Solaris. My problem is to be able to identify the location of the running processes. I've tried with a simple "ps -fu username | grep mylocation" but if the process command has been run directly from the location,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change filemanager folder colors dependent on location in directory hierarchy

Hello, Is it possible to make a file manager use different "colored folders" when browsing specific directories? For example, if I open a gnome file manager and browse my windows share at, smb://192.168.1.101/z/ , can I make those folders appear green? And when I open another instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bz43
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture child processes and change return values question

Thanks in advance. My environment is Ubuntu 9.04 desktop customized to be a high school classroom server for teaching code development. I have a unique "fake" jail called "lshell" which is very easy to setup and restricts users to commands that I dictate DISALLOWING ANYTHING ELSE. These... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxhats
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Permission denied in SMF service log

I can't get the exact error message because I am at home, but on Solaris 10u5 machine I have at work, a few services are stuck in the maintenance state with the following error message in the individual service logs (/var/svc/log/FMRI:instance.log): Cannot chdir: permission denied Fortunately... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
2 Replies

6. Solaris

removing associated processes from a SMF service

I'm running Tibco Hawk (hawkhma and agent) on a number of solaris 10 boxes (both x86 and Sparc). Tibco Hawk is a monitoring system, that can monitor processs and logs on the OS and applications. It also have the ability to start a process, if it for some reason, have died. I have implemented... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u_paludan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

avahi , change the log location

avahi error message goes to /var/log/messages , how can put avahi to log the error in a file /var/log/avahi-error instead of /var/log/messages (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 massive SMF log file

I found that there was a SMF log file: /var/svc/log/milestone-multi-user-server:default.log.0 which occupied around 19G bytes. Please help me how to purge this massive file. Can I just use cat /dev/null > /var/svc/log/milesto..... to this file without any interruption to a non-stop system?... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexLi
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change the path location within the shell script?

Hi ALL, I am trying to find the installed tomcat version and location of the server.xml file to get the tomcat port number. Using below script to do that. #!/usr/bin/env bash var1=$(find / -name "version.sh" ! -size 0 2>&1 |egrep -v "tmp|docker") for loc1 in $var1 do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravani25
1 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)