Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris raids parity
Operating Systems Solaris solaris raids parity Post 302500533 by revathireddy on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 01:41:34 AM
Old 03-01-2011
raid parity

Can anyone answer in detail how many types of parity's are available in RAID configuration?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

kernel: Additional sense: Scsi parity error ()

Hey guys how do you troubleshoot this kind of problem kernel: Additional sense: Scsi parity error () (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parity, SRM, VSA/Fusion, Service Portal, Remotely Anywhere, and Tivoli TEC.

Can some one explain or send me the links about these tools Parity, SRM, VSA/Fusion, Service Portal, Remotely Anywhere, and Tivoli TEC. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rags
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all occurences depending on parity

I want to replace all occurences of '$' in a LaTeX source code in the following way: The dollars on odd position in the file must be changed in '$latex ' and the other dollars can remain the same. I was thinking to make a script which replaces all odd occurences of a given character with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beni22sof
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies
vxr5check(1M)															     vxr5check(1M)

NAME
vxr5check - verify RAID-5 volume parity SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxr5check [-i | -v] [-g diskgroup] volume DESCRIPTION
The vxr5check utility compares the parity of each stripe of a RAID-5 volume specified by volume. vxr5check reads the data for each stripe, generates the parity for this stripe, and compares this parity with the existing parity. vxr5check can be run against the entire RAID-5 volume, or incrementally on RAID-5 stripe boundaries, by specifying the -i option. OPTIONS
-g diskgroup Specifies the Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) disk group name for the RAID-5 volume name for verification. If this option is not specified, the default disk group is determined using the rules given in the vxdg(1M) manual page. -i Verifies the RAID-5 volume incrementally per stripes. If a parity mismatch is found, that stripe location is displayed. -v Verbose output for the incremental vxr5check verification. The verbose option outputs each stripe number that is being verified. OUTPUT FORMAT
In verbose mode and incremental mode, summary reports for each stripe of the RAID-5 volume are printed in output records. If an error is returned for a stripe, then an error message and stripe number are displayed. In non-verbose mode, if an error is returned, an error mes- sage is displayed. If a parity mismatch error is determined on a stripe, vxr5check exits on that stripe and does not continue for the remaining stripes in the RAID-5 volume. FILES
/usr/lib/vxvm/bin/vxr5vrfy The utility that vxr5check calls to perform RAID-5 parity verification operations for the specified RAID-5 volume. EXIT CODES
The vxr5check utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. NOTES
Do not run vxr5check on a volume that is in degraded mode. SEE ALSO
vxevac(1M), vxintro(1M), vxmend(1M), vxvol(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxr5check(1M)