Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extracting values from configuration file Post 302500521 by pravin27 on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 12:13:56 AM
Old 03-01-2011
Could this help you ?
Code:
awk -F"=" '{b[$1]=$0;next} END{for(i in b) {print b[i]}}' testfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from text file based on configuration set in config file

Hi , a:) i have configuration file with pattren <Range start no>,<Range end no>,<type of records to be extracted from the data file>,<name of the file to store output> eg: myfile.confg 9899000000,9899999999,DATA,b.dat 9899000000,9899999999,SMS,a.dat b:) Stucture of my data file is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suparnbector
3 Replies

2. Programming

Extracting Field values for XML file

i have an input file of XML type with data like <nx-charging:additional-parameter name="NX_INTERNATIONALIZED_CLID" value="919427960829"/><nx-charging:finalStatus>RESPONSE , Not/Applicable , OK</nx-charging:finalStatus></nx-charging:process> i want to extract data such that i get the output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting values from an XML file

Hello People, I have an xml file from which I need to extract the values of the parameters using UNIX shell commands. Ex : Input is like : <Name>Roger</Name> or <Address>MI</Address> I need the output as just : Roger or MI with the tags removed. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushant172
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with use of Configuration file instead of hardcoded values inside the script

Hi, My code works perfectly fine. But, $my $min_to_add = 1 * 1 * 60; and my $hr_to_sub = 1 * 1 * 86400; i may need to change the values in future. so am keeping them in a separate configuration file like MIN = 1 * 1 * 60 HR = 24 * 60 * 60 in the script, i use a package use et_config... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting values from file using perl

I would like to read value after $ symbol from a file. For eg a file will be having the following lines. 5,$0,-32768p,32767p,$400014f8,1,, 5,$0,0,0,$400008ce,1,, 5,$0,0,0,$400008d0,1,, i would like to read 400014f8 then 400014f8 and similar all the value after $ symbol.Can any one help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshrr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to increase Timeout values in Configuration File

Hi Guys I am using one configuration file for reading some time out values.The format of the file is A.Type = Number A.Val = 2000 B.Type = Number B.Val = 4000 Now my requirement is I need to write a shell script in Solaris where i need to increase these timeout values by 10 times of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_deb
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fixed length file extracting values in columns

How do I extract values in a few columns in a row of a fixed length file? If there are 8 columns and I need to extract values of 2nd,4th and 6 th columns, how do i do that? I used cut command, this I used only for one column. How do I do it more than one column? The below command will give... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princetd001
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting unique values of a column from a feed file

Hi Folks, I have the below feed file named abc1.txt in which you can see there is a title and below is the respective values in the rows and it is completely pipe delimited file ,. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking key values from one file and extracting values from another file

Hi, I have two files with values in both. File1: cat 2 3 dog 4 5 elephant 6 7 camel 2 3 File2: ----+--gkf;ajf= ---+---- +----- cat -------=----+ 3 | 4 ----- dog ------++-- 5 | 9 ----++-- elephant | 5 | 7 ---++ camel ------ ++++_---- || 8 | 9 I want the final file as: cat 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting values after the maximum value in a txt file

Hello, I'm new to scripting and I need to write a bash script. Here is example of file on which I'm working: 0.3092381 0.3262799 0.3425480 0.3578379 0.3719490 0.3846908 0.3958855 0.4053738 0.4130160 0.4186991 0.4223357 0.4238688 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeo_fb
14 Replies
IDLE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   IDLE(1)

NAME
IDLE - An Integrated DeveLopment Environment for Python SYNTAX
idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] [ file ...] idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] ( -c cmd | -r file ) [ arg ...] idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] - [ arg ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the idle command. This manual page was written for Debian because the original program does not have a manual page. For more information, refer to IDLE's help menu. IDLE is an Integrated DeveLopment Environment for Python. IDLE is based on Tkinter, Python's bindings to the Tk widget set. Features are 100% pure Python, multi-windows with multiple undo and Python colorizing, a Python shell window subclass, a debugger. IDLE is cross-plat- form, i.e. it works on all platforms where Tk is installed. OPTIONS
-h Print this help message and exit. -n Run IDLE without a subprocess (see Help/IDLE Help for details). The following options will override the IDLE 'settings' configuration: -e Open an edit window. -i Open a shell window. The following options imply -i and will open a shell: -c cmd Run the command in a shell, or -r file Run script from file. -d Enable the debugger. -s Run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP before anything else. -t title Set title of shell window. A default edit window will be bypassed when -c, -r, or - are used. [arg]* and [file]* are passed to the command (-c) or script (-r) in sys.argv[1:]. EXAMPLES
idle Open an edit window or shell depending on IDLE's configuration. idle foo.py foobar.py Edit the files, also open a shell if configured to start with shell. idle -est "Baz" foo.py Run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP, edit foo.py, and open a shell window with the title "Baz". idle -c "import sys; print sys.argv" "foo" Open a shell window and run the command, passing "-c" in sys.argv[0] and "foo" in sys.argv[1]. idle -d -s -r foo.py "Hello World" Open a shell window, run a startup script, enable the debugger, and run foo.py, passing "foo.py" in sys.argv[0] and "Hello World" in sys.argv[1]. echo "import sys; print sys.argv" | idle - "foobar" Open a shell window, run the script piped in, passing '' in sys.argv[0] and "foobar" in sys.argv[1]. SEE ALSO
python(1). AUTHORS
Various. 21 September 2004 IDLE(1)