Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Intersection and union of array by hash Post 302500467 by radoulov on Monday 28th of February 2011 04:36:48 PM
Old 02-28-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yifangt
Thanks!
I got it now, but it seems to me if there is duplicate items in either of the arrays, it won't work, right?
Correct. That's why I said "assuming each array contains only unique values".

The union will work anyway (it's a union, not union all).
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hash within array, within hash, within array...

I have a little problem. To keep a configuration simple, I've exceeded my perl knowledge. :-) I've worked with multi-dimentional arrays before, but this one has me beat: @info = ( { 'defval' => 'abc' 'stats' = ( { 'name' => 'a', }, { 'name' =>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsmoriss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

hash,array and perl

Hi,i have a code fragment below. %tag = (); #line 1 $tag{'info'} = $datastring; #line 2 $resp = $ua->request( #$ua is a user agent POST 'http://10.2.3.0' , Content_Type => application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content => #line 3 I am not sure of what the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl array question from going through hash

suppose my @{$data1{$callid}}; cotains one two three three five six one two three of random patterns but each item is separated by white space or tab, Below code extract and get rid of the whitespace perfectly so that it shows now like this onetwothree threefivesix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv into Hash array?

Hi all experts, May I know how to read a csv file and read the content in a hash in PERL? Currently, I hard-coded and defined it in my code. I wanna know how to make up the %mymap hash thru reading the cfg.txt ==== csv file(cfg.txt): 888,444 999,333 === #!/usr/bin/perl my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kinmak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array of hash in perl does not work

Hi , I have an input.txt file that i read node: id= c1, class=nb, cx=100, cy=100, r=10 node: id=c2, class=b, cx=150, cy=130, r=10 node: id=c3, class=nb, cx=50, cy=80, r=10 node: id=c4, class=nb, cx=120, cy=200, r=10 i split over , and = to create a global array and then passed it to a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsanjay
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - need help with 2 arrays to hash or 2d array?

I have 2 arrays: @array1 outputs the following: 1 1 1 2 @array2 outputs the following A B C D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Can't coerce array into hash at

Hi guys I have this part of a perl script that returns and odd error if ($args{software}) { print " @DISTFILE_GROUPS $output->{distfile_groups}->{ get_rdist_groups}\n"; and the error is Can't coerce array into hash at i've never seed this error before, any ideas thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

array of hash - perl

How do I get the unique hashes from an array of hashes? @ar1 = ( {a=>1,b=>2}, {c=>3,d=>4},{a=>1,b=>2});I need : @ar2 = ( {a=>1,b=>2}, {c=>3,d=>4});Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
2 Replies

9. Programming

Perl Array within an hash

Hi All I have been using a curl code to output an hash that looks like this $VAR1 = { 'data'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
5 Replies

10. Programming

Event driven programming / epoll / typedef union / session data array

Sorry for the “word salad” subject, but I wanted to cast a wide net for help. I've created an IP (Internet Protocol) server which serves HTTP, SMTP, and FTP requests. As you probably know, they all require creating a socket, listening on it, accepting connections, and then having a short... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John S.
3 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)