Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Format row data into columns
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Format row data into columns Post 302500406 by Gangadhar Reddy on Monday 28th of February 2011 12:56:51 PM
Old 02-28-2011
Thanks vgersh99. It worked now Smilie

ctsgnb, ur script worked for few column till condition and then it had some discrepancy for rest of the columns. Thanks anyways for your help. I appreciate it.

cgkmal, ur script worked brilliantly. thanks so much for ur valuable advice. Can you please explain it? I have one more following type of file which again I need to format it. I would like to try it myself first.

Also, I had read lots of UNIX books where they have just mentioned simple descriptions for AWK & SED. Do you know of any books which I can read to get good exposure to AWK & SED programming? That will help me a lot

$jr 'EDW$MOF111_R_NNA_STRT' -q
/* ----------------- EDW$MOF111_R_NNA_STRT ----------------- */
insert_job: EDW$MOF111_R_NNA_STRT job_type: f
machine: edwprod02.dsm.pwj.com
#owner: btchproc
permission: gx,ge,wx,we,mx,me
date_conditions: 1
run_calendar: EDW_NNA_Cal
start_times: "18:00"
description: "EDW - Enterprise Data Warehouse"
watch_file: /home/btchproc/load_process/ftp_home/NNA_STRT.DAT
watch_file_min_size: 0
watch_interval: 60
alarm_if_fail: 1

Love u all guys.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert data befor some field in a row of data depending up on values in row

Hi I need to do some thing like "find and insert before that " in a file which contains many records. This will be clear with the following example. The original data record should be some thing like this 60119827 RTMS_LOCATION_CDR INSTANT_POSITION_QUERY 1236574686123083rtmssrv7 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format - Inventory Row data into Column - Awk - Nawk

Hi All, I have the following file that has computer data for various pcs in my network... Snap of the file is as follows ******************************************************************************* Serial 123456 Computer IP Address lo0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aavam
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format data to columns addind spaces

Hi all, I have a problem to format data from different database queries into one look. The input data are as follows, every line has the same number of values but a different number of characters: adata, bdata, cdata, ddata fffdata, gdata, hdata, idata jdata, kdata, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_mike
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sum of data in row format

Hi All, I have some numbers in two different files file1 4.21927E+00 4.68257E+00 5.56871E+00 3.59490E+01 7.65806E+01 1.39827E+02 and file2 5.61142E+00 6.21648E+00 7.40152E+00 4.41917E+01 8.31586E+01 1.42938E+02 I would like to get file3 which contains in each column the sum of the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 2 column data into multiple columns based on a keyword in a row??

Hi Friends I have the following input data in 2 columns. SNo 1 I1 Value I2 Value I3 Value SNo 2 I4 Value I5 Value I6 Value I7 Value SNo 3 I8 Value I9 Value ............... ................ SNo N (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help converting row data to columns

I've been trying to figure this out for a while but I'm completely stumped. I have files with data in rows and I need to convert the data to columns. Each record contains four rows with a "field name: value" pair. I would like to convert it to four columns with the field names as column headers... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: happy_ee
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting data from one row as multiple columns

Hi I have a file containing some data as follows: 11-17-2010:13:26 64 4 516414 1392258 11-17-2010:13:26 128 4 586868 695603 11-17-2010:13:26 256 4 474937 1642294 11-17-2010:13:32 64 4 378715 1357066 11-17-2010:13:32 128 4 597981 1684006 ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: annazpereira
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort a the file & refine data column & row format

cat file1.txt field1 "user1": field2:"data-cde" field3:"data-pqr" field4:"data-mno" field1 "user1": field2:"data-dcb" field3:"data-mxz" field4:"data-zul" field1 "user2": field2:"data-cqz" field3:"data-xoq" field4:"data-pos" Now i need to have the date like below. i have just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckaramsetty
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - script help: column to row format of data allignment?

Experts Good day, I have the following data, file1 BRAAGRP1 A2X B2X C2X D2X BRBGRP12 A3X B3X Z10 D09 BRC1GRP2 LO01 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies
ldapscripts(5)							File Formats Manual						    ldapscripts(5)

NAME
ldapscripts - Scripts to manage POSIX accounts in your LDAP directory. DESCRIPTION
The ldapscripts are a set of shell (sh) scripts designed to manage POSIX accounts in an OpenLDAP directory. They can be used as standalone tools or within Samba 3.x's smb.conf file. REQUIREMENTS
The main requirements are the OpenLDAP client tools (ldapadd, ldapsearch, ldapdelete, ...). Other commands are called in the scripts but should come with your OS (sed, grep, cut, ...). CONFIGURATION
The main configuration of the ldapscripts is usually the file /etc/ldapscripts/ldapscripts.conf (or /usr/local/etc/ldapscripts/ldap- scripts.conf, depending on your system). Modify it to fit your needs before using the scripts. Each script also uses a "runtime" file, usu- ally /usr/lib/ldapscripts/runtime (or /usr/local/lib/ldapscripts/runtime). You don't need to modify this file. TEMPLATES
Each script that adds information to the directory uses a template. Templates are directly embedded at the end of the scripts but it is also possible to use external template files (see GTEMPLATE, UTEMPLATE and MTEMPLATE variables in the configuration file). Each template consists of a preformatted LDIF file using special keywords that will be replaced on-the-fly. Sample files are provided for your conve- nience : ldapaddgroup.template.sample, ldapadduser.template.sample and ldapaddmachine.template.sample. It is strongly advised to use those files instead of modifying the embedded (default) templates in the scripts. Sample templates include every keyword you can use. One special additional keyword is the <ask> keyword that will trigger user input to get the attribute value interactively. USING AS STANDALONE TOOLS
Each script can be used as a standard command-line tool. Check their man pages to get help. USING WITH SAMBA 3.x Each Samba 3.x smb.conf "xxx script" option has a matching script. Modify you smb.conf file this way to call them : # [...] add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/ldapaddmachine '%u' sambamachines add user script = /usr/local/sbin/ldapadduser '%u' sambausers add group script = /usr/local/sbin/ldapaddgroup '%g' add user to group script = /usr/local/sbin/ldapaddusertogroup '%u' '%g' delete user script = /usr/local/sbin/ldapdeleteuser '%u' delete group script = /usr/local/sbin/ldapdeletegroup '%g' delete user from group script = /usr/local/sbin/ldapdeleteuserfromgroup '%u' '%g' set primary group script = /usr/local/sbin/ldapsetprimarygroup '%u' '%g' rename user script = /usr/local/sbin/ldaprenameuser '%uold' '%unew' # [...] SEE ALSO
ldapdeletemachine(1), ldapmodifymachine(1), ldaprenamemachine(1), ldapadduser(1), ldapdeleteuserfromgroup(1), ldapfinger(1), ldapid(1), ldapmodifyuser(1), lsldap(1), ldapaddusertogroup(1), ldaprenameuser(1), ldapinit(1), ldapsetpasswd(1), ldapaddgroup(1), ldapdeletegroup(1), ldapsetprimarygroup(1), ldapmodifygroup(1), ldaprenamegroup(1), ldapaddmachine(1), ldapdeleteuser(1). AVAILABILITY
The ldapscripts are provided under the GNU General Public License v2 (see COPYING for more details). The latest version of the ldapscripts is available on : http://contribs.martymac.org BUGS
Sometimes, that kind of message may appear in the log file : Additional information: value does not conform to assertion syntax . Setting slapd's debug level to 32 shows additional details : get_ava: illegal value for attributeType uidNumber . This is *not* a bug : the ldap- scripts tend to use the power of LDAP filters to easily find users (or groups) using either a uidNumber (numerical value) or a uid (string value). The following filter (used by ldapfinger(1)) will generate the above message if $_USER is a login : "(|(&(objectClass=posixAc- count)(|(uid=$_USER)(uidNumber=$_USER))) (&(objectClass=posixGroup)(|(cn=$_USER)(gidNumber=$_USER))))" because filter part "(uidNum- ber=$_USER)" requires an integer but gets a string. You can mostly ignore those warnings. January 1, 2006 ldapscripts(5)