Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: check mail backup cron job
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check mail backup cron job Post 302500367 by methyl on Monday 28th of February 2011 10:45:07 AM
Old 02-28-2011
Quote:
0 3 * * 0 if cd /Volumes/Files_Backup_1;then /usr/sbin/mailbfr -b /Volumes/Files_Backup_1/mail/bak --mode rotate; fi
Syntax looks ok, but the following syntax would be more robust if the directory might not be there:
Code:
0 3 * * 0 [ -d /Volumes/Files_Backup_1 ] && cd /Volumes/Files_Backup_1 &&  /usr/sbin/mailbfr -b /Volumes/Files_Backup_1/mail/bak --mode rotate

Personally I'd put the whole lot in a script and run the script from cron.
This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Sends mail to root on completion of job.

All I am running a few scripts through a cron job. This is for checking some key services that are running on by box. The problem is, everytime the cron runs, it sends a mail to the root account. The root account mails need to cleared every now and then. Is there some way I can stop these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skotapal
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup with shell program and cron job.

Hi, The object of my program is to take automatic backup on daily basis to different folders. I have created the respective folders. when I execute below given shell program manually it is working perfectly and taking the backup to respective folder. #!/bin/sh #script to take backup on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

3. Solaris

cron job starts new cron proccess

I run cron in solaris 10 zone. One cron job which syncing files to nfs mounted on container, creates after finishing another cron proccess(/usr/sbin/cron), and after 100 existing cron proccesses next cron job will not start. It's too weird for me, I'm not able to solve this problem. Theoretically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron76
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check that backup MX actually does its job

Hey! I have just configured an backup MX using Mail::Toaster under FreeBSD. As I'm a novice when it comes to mailservers, I need to ask someone how to check that this backup really does its job. My primare MX is unfortunately on a Dynamic IP line, but its unsusual for it to change the IP.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Double Check my Cron Job

Hello All, I was wondering if someone could take a quick glance at this Cron job and tell me if it's going to do what I am expecting. I want it to run everyday at 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. And the line in Crontab looks like: 0 8,17 * * * /usr/local/myScript.sh Does that look correct? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commented cron job -- cron monitoring

Hi I have a requirement to write a shell script,that will check the all commented job in cron job.Please help !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON JOB not running - for tape backup from root user

I am trying a cron on root user to backup to tape using TAR command here is the cron entry 11 08 * * 6 /erdhot1cron 2>&1 >> /test3/scripts/dba/erdhot1cron.log here is script inside - edhot1cron #!/bin/bash vsysdt=`date +%d%m%y` date tar -cvf /dev/st0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaymec50
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
LVSCAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 LVSCAN(8)

NAME
lvscan - scan (all disks) for Logical Volumes SYNOPSIS
lvscan [-a|--all] [-b|--blockdevice] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] DESCRIPTION
lvscan scans all known volume groups or all supported LVM block devices in the system for defined Logical Volumes. The output consists of one line for each Logical Volume indicating whether or not it is active, a snapshot or origin, the size of the device and its allocation policy. Use lvs(8) or lvdisplay(8) to obtain more-comprehensive information about the Logical Volumes. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --all Include information in the output about internal Logical Volumes that are components of normally-accessible Logical Volumes, such as mirrors, but which are not independently accessible (e.g. not mountable). For example, after creating a mirror using 'lvcreate -m1 --mirrorlog disk', this option will reveal three internal Logical Volumes, with suffixes mimage_0, mimage_1, and mlog. -b, --blockdevice This option is now ignored. Instead, use lvs(8) or lvdisplay(8) to obtain the device number. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8) lvs(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVSCAN(8)