Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 - HW compatibility Post 302500336 by sunfire on Monday 28th of February 2011 08:59:09 AM
Old 02-28-2011
Thank you for your answers. As soon as I am finished with some tests, I will post the results here.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Program Compatibility

I really Hate the Monopoly Microsoft has over Software, but the fact remains it exists... so I wonder if there was a way to enable Programs Made for Windows and Mac to be Run in Unix as if it was in the Specified OS. Like a Compatibility Wizard. Or in a dual boot computer, for Unix to be able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elliandr
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

About compatibility of HP-UX 11i

Could you please tell me if Informix 7.20 UD2 works on HP-UX 11i and if applications that works on HP-UX 10.20 and Informix 7.20 UD2 works on HP-UX 11i. Thanks a lot. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irene Martínez
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

date -d compatibility on Solaris

Hello there ppl, I thought my question would qualify to be posted in this forum and in Solaris forum. And I swear to God.. there is no discussion on this exact topic anywhere else on the web! So my script on BASH uses 2 commands: 1) date -d "Fri Mar 06 10:18:16 UTC 2009" +%s This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
3 Replies

4. BSD

FreeBSD compatibility with Solaris UFS filesystem?

Hi, I'm new to BSD and would like to create a dual-boot between Solaris Express Community Edition and FreeBSD. I would just like to know if the Solaris UFS file system can be written to by BSD? I know that BSD uses UFS2, but I'm hoping that it is backwards compatible with UFS1 provided that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny SSH
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Clearcase compatibility with Solaris 10

Hi, Is Clearcase version 2002.05.00 is supported and compatible with Solaris10? Cheers, Ankur (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharmaankur85
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 vs Solaris 10 compatibility issues !

Hello, I recently upgraded our system from Solaris 8 to 10. It seems couple of binaries crashed in the new server Solaris 10. Before digging too much on it , from theory it sounds like any binary that is built on Solaris 8 (using gmake) is supposed to be compatible with Solaris 10 , right ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudsa
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Solaris HW compatibility list

I'm picking HW for my cheap Solaris server and am wondering if there is a decent list of HW compatible with the Solaris OS. The best I could find is this: OTN - Oracle Solaris 11 11/11: Hardware Compatibility List, but it surprises me that only a single motherboard is listed. I am searching... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Retina display Macbook Pro and Solaris compatibility

Has anyone attempted to install Solaris 11 on a Macbook Pro with the new Retina display? I'm considering setting up a triple boot scenario with Windows 7, Mac OS X and Solaris 11. My goals are to learn the OS better and to gain daily exposure to it by running it as a desktop OS whenever possible. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 compatibility/ucb install

Hi im a newbie to solaris. im given the task to install the compatibility/ucb component my environment is without internet connection. so when i ran the command: pkg install compatibility/ucb i get an error: Unable to contact valid package repository where can i find the download for this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
2 Replies
x11perfcomp(1X) 														   x11perfcomp(1X)

NAME
x11perfcomp - X11 server performance comparison program SYNOPSIS
x11perfcomp [-r | -ro] [-l label_file] files OPTIONS
x11perfcomp accepts the options listed below: Specifies that the output should also include relative server performance. Specifies that the output should include only relative server performance. Specifies a label file to use. DESCRIPTION
The x11perfcomp program merges the output of several x11perf(1X) runs into a nice tabular format. It takes the results in each file, fills in any missing test results if necessary, and for each test shows the objects/second rate of each server. If invoked with the -r or -ro options, it shows the relative performance of each server to the first server. Normally, x11perfcomp uses the first file specified to determine which specific tests it should report on. Some (non-DEC :) servers may fail to perform all tests. In this case, x11perfcomp automatically substitutes in a rate of 0.0 objects/second. Since the first file determines which tests to report on, this file must contain a superset of the tests reported in the other files, else x11perfcomp will fail. You can provide an explicit list of tests to report on by using the -l switch to specify a file of labels. You can create a label file by using the -label option in x11perf. X DEFAULTS
There are no X defaults used by this program. SEE ALSO
X(1X), x11perf(1X) AUTHORS
Mark Moraes wrote the original scripts to compare servers. Joel McCormack just munged them together a bit. x11perfcomp(1X)