Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print some results in a text file using script in linux Post 302500181 by viriimind on Sunday 27th of February 2011 09:37:51 PM
Old 02-27-2011
Question Print some results in a text file using script in linux

hello everyone,
i really need your help to write a script which would just print following kind of result into a text file (result.txt)
Code:

XYZ test Results

ID: <unique-id>                Date: <date>

-------------------------------------------------
| Task         | Result    | Time      |
| <task1>      | <Result1> | <time1>   |
|              |           |           |

AD No: <adn>               Generated Date: <tdate>

above all the values of <something> are dynamic or predefined.

Please, kindly help to with this issue... Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file and print results with shell script

input file 1.<CRMSUB:MSIN=0100004735,BSNBC=TELEPHON-9814060328-TS11&TS21&TS22,NDC=9814,MSCAT=ORDINSUB,SUBRES=ALLPLMN-SPICE,BAOC=OIC,BAPRC=INFO,ACCSUB=BSS,NUMTYP=MULTI;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux script - Crazy results

Here is my script: # # Capture the current directory. export -p CurrentDir="`pwd`" echo $CurrentDir # # Capture the new directory name in the form YYYYMMDD. export -p DateDir="`date +"%Y%m%d"`" echo $DateDir # # Store the desired target directory. export -p... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imprimisxo
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to print particular column into text file

hi everyone, i need a script which would just print column into a text file nmap 10.226.112.222 PORT STATE SERVICE 7/tcp open echo 13/tcp open daytime 22/tcp open ssh 23/tcp open telnet 37/tcp open time 1100/tcp open unknown above nmap command gives us open ports on that IP. can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand121
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script template for inputting filenames and print results

Hi, Hope you are all well. New to scripting, and all those characters are all a new language for me. Though hoping to get my little head round it all sooner or later. I was wondering whether anyone could help with a script template example. What I would like to happen is to run the script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: loky27
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print a python script down a list in a text file without printing a lot combinations

In a python script I have 2 files printing side by side on the same line. I want to have 1 of the files to be already displayed at once while the other file print down the list in the file and it still will produce new lines. I want to do it like that to reduce printing a lot of lines and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigvito19
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a text file and a pdf file from Linux command results.

Hello. The task : Using multiple commands like : gdisk -l $SOME_DISK >> $SOME_FILEI generate some text file. For readiness I must insert page break. When the program is finished I want to convert the final text file to a pdf file. When finished, I got two files : One text file and One pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
mfontset_lookup(3m17n)						 The m17n Library					    mfontset_lookup(3m17n)

NAME
mfontset_lookup - Lookup a fontset. SYNOPSIS
MPlist * mfontset_lookup (MFontset * fontset, MSymbol script, MSymbol language, MSymbol charset) DESCRIPTION
Lookup a fontset. The mfontset_lookup() function lookups fontset and returns a plist that describes the contents of fontset corresponding to the specified script, language, and charset. If script is Mt, keys of the returned plist are script name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. If script is a script name symbol, the returned plist is decided by language. o If language is Mt, keys of the plist are language name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. A key may be Mt which means some fallback fonts are specified for the script. o If language is a language name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the specified script and language. FONT-GROUP is a plist whose keys are FLT (FontLayoutTable) name symbols (Mt if no FLT is associated with the font) and values are pointers to MFont. o If language is Mnil, the plist is fallback FONT-GROUP for the script. If script is Mnil, the returned plist is decided as below. o If charset is Mt, keys of the returned plist are charset name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. o If charset is a charset name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the charset. o If charset is Mnil, the plist is a fallback FONT-GROUP. RETURN VALUE
It returns a plist describing the contents of a fontset. The plist should be freed by m17n_object_unref(). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mfontset_lookup(3m17n)