Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Installation problem
Operating Systems Linux Linux Installation problem Post 302500124 by mfsteve on Sunday 27th of February 2011 09:27:24 AM
Old 02-27-2011
I'm a bit confused by your explanation (that's normal for me though).

Your not just booting from an ISO image on the DVD?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Installation Problem on Red hat linux 9

Hi, I am trying to install our new acquired Red Hat linux 9 on Compaq Proliant ML370. However, l has already configured the raid 0+1. The linux installation starts from the CD, its allows for the selection of Language, keyboard but l am stocked at choosing the installation package media. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
4 Replies

2. Ubuntu

linux installation

for installing fc4 , or even ubuntu , i got this problem after booting from vmlinuz and initrd (from both cd and ftp) display i got was very scattered. I was not able to make out from that display. ( it was a default display of blue window and black background). I have debian already installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux installation

Hi, Well I am installing Enterprise Linux 3.0 version, using CD... but what my doubt is , is there any possibility for me, to copy the contents of all the cd and have it in a folder like disk1,disk2,disk3 and disk4... while switching on the server, it will ask for the boot mode, like, CD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installation problem

Hi , I have installed a s/w for work tracking (work tracking fecilitator) in linix OS. all my other perl programs are working fine. i have completed the backend part of it but unable to use this application . Please guide me regarding this . I have downloaded the source from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alma
4 Replies

5. Linux

How to do a silent installation on linux

Hi, I am trying to do a silent installation of a JDk on a linux machine. Can anyone give me a command that would do it for me. Thanx Sundeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

New Linux installation

Hello, I am planning to install Linux on my laptop. I will be using it for mailing testing as well as scripting. Basically I want to hand on with Linux to be used as File and Mail Server. Please advise suitable Linux distribution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

7. Linux

Problem in dual booting installation of linux on windows

Dear friends, I am experiencing the trouble while installing the Red Hat Linux 4 on top of windows XP, after booting its asking "What type of media contains the packages to be installed". Steps I followed: Step 1: left the free space as unpartitioned, (I also tried with the FAT32... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
1 Replies

8. Linux

Linux Installation

I have Lenovo laptop with vista pre installed. I am planning to install linux . can u suggest/advice which linux operating system is better for my laptop. i am installing linux mainly for technical use. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
7 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Gbrowse and GD installation in ia64 linux problem facing...

Hi all, I'm trying to install of Gbrowse recently. Unfortunately, I stuck at the step to install GD which are prerequisite for Gbrowse installation. I got try to install it, but it seems like got a lot of error message occurred :( And still can't fix the problem yet. I'm using ia64 linux... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux installation question?

Hi I accidentally installed another operating system after I had installed Linux and now I can no longer access your Linux system.any solution? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adam25bc
1 Replies
Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution::Packages - list all packages on various Linux distributions SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution::Packages qw(distribution_packages distribution_write); $linux = new Linux::Distribution::Packages({'format' => 'csv', 'output_file' => 'packages.csv'}); $linux->distribution_write(); # Or you can (re)set the options when you write. $linux->distribution_write({'format' => 'xml', 'output_file' => 'packages.xml'}); # If you want to reload the package data $linux->distribution_packages(); DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that uses Linux::Distribution to guess the linux distribution and then uses the correct commands to list all the packages on the system and then output them in one of three formats: native, csv, and xml. Distributions currently working: debian, ubuntu, fedora, redhat, suse, gentoo, slackware, redflag. The module inherits from Linux::Distribution, so can also use its calls. EXPORT None by default. TODO
* Add the capability to correctly get packages for all recognized distributions. * Seperate out parsing from writing. Parse data to hash and give access to hash. Then write the formatted data from the hash. AUTHORS
Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2006-04-19 Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)