Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run wineconsole in background Post 302500089 by rdcwayx on Saturday 26th of February 2011 11:58:04 PM
Old 02-27-2011
I just realize wineconsole is a GUI software.

maybe you need -help to find any option to run it as command mode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

want to run a function in background

consider the given prg. main() { ..... function1(); /* to write into a file or log */ printf(" "); ..... } when the control reaches function1(), it should get executed in the background.At the same time main's printf(" ") statement should also get executed.i.e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

run a shell in the background

How can I run a shell in the background? cat test.sh #!/bin/sh sleep 600 Thank u very much indeed! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run script at background

Hi all, I have a script like: echo Please input list file name: read listn for file in `cat $listn.txt` do send_file $file done normally, I will run the script like: :. resendfile Please input list filename: list1 #Then, the script will resend all file from the list1. However,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can we run ssh2 in background

Hi, I was trying to run ssh2 command in background... but i got follwoing error message saying that process has been stopped.. + Stopped(SIGTTOU) Anyone have any idea about this??? Appreciated your help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

5. Programming

Run external program in background

Hi, in my program i need to run an external program in background.I am aware that there are at least 2 alternatives for this: 1)fork+exec 2)system("program &"); I have read several posts about this,and they all tend to suggest to use fork+exec (and that's what i am doing now). I have some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zipi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

background scripts run-help

Looking for a logic where say i have a script called parent_script which is used to call other 4 to 5 child scripts in background as.. cat parent_script # containing 65 lines 1 2 .. 35 while read child_script 36 do 37 ./child_script_name& 38 done< ${SCRIPT_LISTS} 39 40 # Need to have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run in background mode.

Hi All, i'm a newbie here, i'm just wondering in how do i run my script in background then echo it if it's done. Please advise, Thanks, -nik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command in background thru script

Dear All, Writing a script in which I want to run a command in background and keep it running even script is finished. I have tried like below, `truss -p <pid> >> & /tmp/log &` But doesnt work.. script goes running and nothing in log file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run Background process one after another

Hii Friends, I am using Perl CGI. I am running A SCP Command via Perl CGI in Background. Like system("scp -r machinename:/PathOfFile/ /Path/WhereToCopyIt/ &) This Copy Process takes some times lets say 15 min. Now I want When This copy process gets complete then send me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run scripts in background one by one

Hello all, Can someone help with one script? I have as example 3 scripts 1.sh sleep 60 & sleep 60 & sleep 10 & sleep 80 & sleep 60 & 2.sh sleep 40 & sleep 5 & sleep 10 & sleep 70 & sleep 60 & 3.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
2 Replies
freemat(1)						      General Commands Manual							freemat(1)

NAME
freemat - Mathematics Framework SYNOPSIS
freemat DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the freemat command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original pro- gram does not have a manual page. freemat is a free environment for rapid engineering and scientific prototyping and data processing. It is similar to commercial systems such as MATLAB from Mathworks, and IDL from Research Systems, but is Open Source. freemat is available under the GPL license. OPTIONS
freemat follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -f <command> Runs freemat in command mode. freemat will startup, run the given command, and then quit. Note that this option uses the remainder of the command line, so use it last. -nogui Suppress the GUI for freemat. -noplastique Do not force the plastique style for GUI. -noX Disables the graphics subsystem. -e uses a dumb terminal interface (no command line editing, etc.) This flag is primarily used when you want to capture input/output to freemat from another application. -i <path> Install freemat - provide the path to the freemat data directory (containing the scripts, help and other files.). Normally these are installed in /usr/share/freemat but regardless, you must run freemat -i once to indicate the location of this directory. Note that in this mode, freemat will only update its internal configuration and then exit. -p <path> -help Show summary of options. AUTHOR
freemat was written by Samit Basu <samitbasu@users.sourceforge.net> This manual page was written by Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). June 28, 2007 freemat(1)