Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: parameters file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users parameters file Post 302500042 by vgersh99 on Saturday 26th of February 2011 01:32:06 PM
Old 02-26-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Isn't $1 just the first parameter? You're not giving it any parameters when you source it, so $1 will be blank at best.
yes, he/she is:
Code:
. myparameters.sh abcd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters through a file

I have created a script "myscript.sh" I need to run this script with diffrent parameters. The parameters are stored in a file myparam.txt. I need to run myscript.sh script for every parameter supplied in myparam.txt. Example: If myparam.txt contains following lines: param1 param2 param3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chawlaaman
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read parameters from file

Hi there, I'm wondering how I can run a script that would loop and launch a command that would take as parameter every line in a file one by one. For example, say I want to remove a list of files: ~$ cat filestoremove foo bar ~$ cat myscript for file in filestoremove; do rm $file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read parameters from a file

Hello all, I need to extract parameters from a file. For example, I have a file file.dat as par1 val1 par2 val2 par3 val3 I need to extract this and store val1 in par1 variable and so on. Please help. Thanks for your support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheerful
2 Replies

4. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing the parameters through a file

Hi All, I have written a shell script and the script is working fine, I am passing my MIT_ID(NUMBER VALUE) to the shell script from the command prompt and my script is executing as expected. Now I have to pass all the MIT_ID's from a .txt file to the shell script,as I am automating this I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in reading parameters from file

Hi guys, I have a parameter file in the below format. BatchTrkId=102 BusinessUnit=GMUS Country=US I want to assingn each of them to a separate variables so that they can be used below in the script. Can somebody help me out here. Cheers!!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program-print parameters to output file-replace op file contents with max 4th col

Hi Friends, This is the only solution to my task. So, any help is highly appreciated. I have a file cat input1.bed chr1 100 200 abc chr1 120 300 def chr1 145 226 ghi chr2 567 600 unix Now, I have another file by name input2.bed (This file is a binary file not readable by the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Dynamically Extract file content based on Parameters from a pdf file

Hi Guru's, I am new to shell scripting. I have a unique requirement: The system generates a single pdf(/tmp/ABC.pdf) file with Invoices for Multiple Customers, the format is something like this: Page1 >> Customer 1 >>Invoice1 + invoice 2 >> Page1 end Page2 >> Customer 2 >>Invoice 3 + Invoice 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIps
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with passing parameters from a file

Hello Everyone, I have developed a shell script which takes schema id and password as parameter to login into database using sqlplus,runs a query and mails the result. My requirement is that, I dont want to pass userid and password as parameters.Instead,I want to pass say Environment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a config file with specified parameters

I want to create a config file that has parameters that can be specified using - or -- (without an equals sign), as well as the ability to output the file using - or --. Could somebody point me to a generic script to do this? Say for example, I wanted to run MainScript and have it set alpha to 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: multiverse22
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)