Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting combine multiple files by column into one files already sorted! Post 302499998 by ahmedamro on Saturday 26th of February 2011 03:53:30 AM
Old 02-26-2011
Then help me plz, from where shall I start?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple columns from multiple files

Hi there, I was wondering if someone can help me with this. I am trying the combine multiple columns from multiple files into one file. Example file 1: c0t0d0 c0t2d0 # hostname vgname c0t0d1 c0t2d1 # hostname vgname c0t0d2 c0t2d2 # hostname vgname c0t1d0 c0t3d0 # hostname vgname1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: martva
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to combine two files together, not by row buy by column

let's say, we have: x1.txt 1 2 3 4 5 6 x2.txt 7 8 9 10 11 12 is there a very simple command like 'cat' that can makes them combine into x3.txt : 1 2 7 8 3 4 9 10 5 6 11 12 Thanks so much for help me with the dummiest questions:o (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixinsjtu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Multiple text or csv files column-wise

Hi All I am trying to combine columns from multiple text files into a single file using paste command but the record length being unequal in the different files the data is running over to the closest empty cell on the left. Please see below. What can i do to resolve this ? File 1 File... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky_ibm
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

write a program in c in unix that display the files(includ sub-direc and files within) in a sorted

the sorting is based on name of file, file size modification time stamps o f file it should dislay the output in the following format "." and ".." enteries should be ignored please give some idea how to do it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pappu kumar jha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort the files based on timestamp and execute sorted files in order

Hi I have a requirement like below I need to sort the files based on the timestamp in the file name and run them in sorted order and then archive all the files which are one day old to temp directory My files looks like this PGABOLTXML1D_201108121235.xml... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saidutta123
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Combine multiple Files into one big file

Hi Ppl, I have a requirement like i will be getting files of huge size daily and if the file size is so huge ,the files will be split into many parts and sent.The first file will have the header details followed by detail records and the consecutive files will have detail records and the last... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine columns from multiple files

Can anybody help on the script to combine/concatenate columns from multiple files input1 4 135 5 185 6 85 11 30 16 72 17 30 21 52 22 76 input2 2 50 4 50 6 33 8 62 10 25 12 46 14 42 15 46output (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Multiple Files into Single One File One after other

I am trying to combine 4 .dat files into one single Output file Inputs are:- file123.dat, file256.dat, file378.dat & file490 Expected Output:- FileName=file1 {text from file1} EOF {blank line} FileName=file2 {text from file2} EOF {blank line} FileName=file3 {text from file3} EOF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste multiple files, but only the sorted head -50

Hello, I want to merge multiple files (under hundreds folders) side by side. File name are the same but folder are different. like folder1/same_name.txt folder2/same_name.txt folder3/same_name.txt ......Normally it can be done as paste /different_path*/same_name.txt > merged_file.txtbut... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stack data from multiple files into one, with variable column files

Hello Gurus, Im new to scripting. Got struck with a file merge issue in Unix. Was looking for some direction and stumbled upon this site. I saw many great posts and replies but couldnt find a solution to my issue. Greatly appreciate any help.. I have three csv files -> Apex_10_Latest.csv,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wamshi
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)