Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help Choosing Unix/Linux for Project management Post 302499974 by Neo on Saturday 26th of February 2011 12:24:00 AM
Old 02-26-2011
No one can pick an OS for you. It is your decision. What works for one person does not work for another. It is strictly a personal decision.

I am closing this thread because we support all UNIX and Linux OS here and don't pick one over the other for anyone.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Management application user rights on the files in a Unix / Linux

good evening .. I have a plea, who I can help me with a management application user rights on the files in a Unix / Linux I need for college .. .. and not told us no clue .. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex90
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Experimental New UNIX / Linux Project Board (See Toolbar)

We are experimenting with a new project board to help forum members make extra cash; because we have some very talented members, why not make some extra cash working from your computer. See toolbar at bottom of page. Any ideas or comments? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Hardware

Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MOHA-1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

1 Replies

6. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need advice for project UNIX to Linux migration

I am working on UNIX AIX to Linux migration. Does anybody know the good site for doing this? Thanks for contribution (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies
GLUPICKMATRIX(3G)														 GLUPICKMATRIX(3G)

NAME
gluPickMatrix - define a picking region C SPECIFICATION
void gluPickMatrix( GLdouble x, GLdouble y, GLdouble delX, GLdouble delY, GLint *viewport ) PARAMETERS
x, y Specify the center of a picking region in window coordinates. delX, delY Specify the width and height, respectively, of the picking region in window coordinates. viewport Specifies the current viewport (as from a glGetIntegerv call). DESCRIPTION
gluPickMatrix creates a projection matrix that can be used to restrict drawing to a small region of the viewport. This is typically useful to determine what objects are being drawn near the cursor. Use gluPickMatrix to restrict drawing to a small region around the cursor. Then, enter selection mode (with glRenderMode) and rerender the scene. All primitives that would have been drawn near the cursor are iden- tified and stored in the selection buffer. The matrix created by gluPickMatrix is multiplied by the current matrix just as if glMultMatrix is called with the generated matrix. To effectively use the generated pick matrix for picking, first call glLoadIdentity to load an identity matrix onto the perspective matrix stack. Then call gluPickMatrix, and finally, call a command (such as gluPerspective) to multiply the perspective matrix by the pick matrix. When using gluPickMatrix to pick NURBS, be careful to turn off the NURBS property GLU_AUTO_LOAD_MATRIX. If GLU_AUTO_LOAD_MATRIX is not turned off, then any NURBS surface rendered is subdivided differently with the pick matrix than the way it was subdivided without the pick matrix. EXAMPLE
When rendering a scene as follows: glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glLoadIdentity(); gluPerspective(...); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); /* Draw the scene */ a portion of the viewport can be selected as a pick region like this: glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glLoadIdentity(); gluPickMatrix(x, y, width, height, viewport); gluPerspective(...); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); /* Draw the scene */ SEE ALSO
glGet, glLoadIndentity, glMultMatrix, glRenderMode, gluPerspective GLUPICKMATRIX(3G)