Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ethernet mac spoofing
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) ethernet mac spoofing Post 302499866 by Corona688 on Friday 25th of February 2011 03:03:14 PM
Old 02-25-2011
Do you have a dynamic address? It might be stomping on your settings every time DHCP renews.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to Achive IP address through MAC(Ethernet) address

Hi sir, i want to make such programe which takes MAC(Ethernet) address of any host & give me its IP address....... but i'm nt getting that how i can pass the MAC address to Frame........ Please give me an idea for making such program... Thanks & regards Krishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnacins
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the MAC adress in ethernet adapter for SUN

I have installed in the server a quad ethernet adapter, I'm using two interfaces with two different IP networks, both interfaces are connected to a switch, the switch report that is receiving the same MAC address in both ports so must of the times I have connectivity problems. Any idea to change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mono673
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spoofing paths.

There is a program that I am trying to run on a shell account. It depends on another program, which I have also copied to the shell account. Both are in my home directory, yet the first program has a different path hardcoded into it, which I cannot use because of permissions problems. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahadsadah
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Spoofing a From Address in SMTP

Hi, I am currently using Mailx to send a mail message from my unix account via an SMTP relay. This is working ok. However from the recipient end the FROM address they see on mails received is <unix account>@<domain> eg prod@liveserver.com Is there anyway I can spoof this FROM address from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

MAC Address spoofing

There is a question in the SCO section asking for information on how to change the MAC address of a NIC. Is there a valid reason for wanting to change the MAC address? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt
1 Replies

6. Solaris

MAC spoofing a virtual NIC on Solaris 5.0

Hi everybody! I'm facing a problem and I doubt about the solution (I'm not very familiar with old *NIXs). An external network supplier (let's call them "telco") just installed new communication components that filters MAC addresses. I have a Solaris 5 server, with 1 NIC (hte0) which is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Isharfoxat
6 Replies

7. IP Networking

Protection against arp spoofing

Hi, I'm trying to find a way to protect my network against arp spoofing. What it is: An attacker sends fake arp packets in the network, identifying himself as the router. All network traffic is then redirected to this attacker. How to protect myself: In my opinion, the best possible... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisperry
2 Replies

8. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

9. Programming

Ethernet programming (not MAC, LLC, but Preamble, SFD and FCS)

Hello everybody, I've been working with raw sockets since long time ago. I've coded TCP/UDP, ICMP/IP and ARP applications, all resting encapsulated over relative "raw" ethernet frames; but in reality, Ethernet uses MAC addresses and LLC protocol codes (from layer 2) and that's the maximum access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
1 Replies
DHCP-HELPER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    DHCP-HELPER(8)

NAME
dhcp-helper - A DHCP/BOOTP relay agent. SYNOPSIS
dhcp-helper [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
dhcp-helper is a DHCP and BOOTP relay agent. It listens for DHCP and BOOTP broadcasts on directly connected subnets and relays them to DHCP or BOOTP servers elsewhere. It also relays replies from the remote servers back to partially configured hosts. Once hosts are fully config- ured they can communicate directly with their servers and no longer need the services of a relay. OPTIONS
The only required option is at least one DHCP server to relay to. The simplest way to configure dhcp-helper on a router is just to give the interface to the network containing the DHCP server with a -b option. All the other interfaces present on the machine will then accept DHCP requests. On a machine which does not have an interface on the network containing the DHCP server, use a -s option instead. -s <server> Specify a DHCP or BOOTP server to relay to. The server may be given as a machine name or dotted-quad IP address. More than one server may be specified. -b <interface> Relay to a DHCP or BOOTP server using broadcast via <interface>. This eliminates the need to give a server address. <interface> is automatically added to the list of interfaces which will not receive DHCP requests. -i <interface> Specify which local interfaces to listen on for DHCP/BOOTP broadcasts. If no -i flags are given all interfaces are used except those specified by -e flags and those specified by -b flags. -e <interface> Specify which local interfaces to exclude. -p Use alternative ports (1067/1068) for the DHCP client and server. -v Report the software release version and copyright information. -d Debug mode, do not change UID, write a pid-file or go into the background. -r <file> Specify an alternate path for dhcp-helper to record its process-id in. Normally /var/run/dhcp-helper.pid. -u <username> Specify the userid to which dhcp-helper will change after startup. The daemon must normally be started as root, but it will drop root priviledges after startup by changing id to another user. Normally this user is "nobody" but that can be over-ridden with this switch. NOTES
Dhcp-helper requires a 2.2 or later Linux kernel. The "Linux packet filter" and "packet socket" facilities are not required, which is the chief advantage of this software over the ISC DHCP relay daemon. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Simon Kelley <simon@thekelleys.org.uk>. DHCP-HELPER(8)