Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk with multiple character delimiter Post 302499761 by radoulov on Friday 25th of February 2011 10:40:21 AM
Old 02-25-2011
Code:
% cat infile
"toto"||"ta|ta"||"titi"
% awk -F'[|][|]' '{ print $1, $2 }' OFS='||' infile
"toto"||"ta|ta"

This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I use double character delimiter in the cut command

Hi All, Can the cut command have double character delimiter? If yes, how can we use it. if my data file contains : apple || mango || grapes i used cut -f1 -d"||" filename but got an error. Plz help.... Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AshishK
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multi character delimiter

Hi All I have to encrypt files and add a suffix ".gpg_<key used>" to it For example if the file name is test.dat after encryption the file name will be test.dat.gpg_X005 (here X005 is the key). I want to decrypt the file later using that key and the original file name.both of them... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

php setcookie multiple values with delimiter

Hi all, setting a cookie multiple values with delimiter $value = 'TM=1276245099:LM=1276245099'; // etc etc setcookie('unix',"$value"); This generates %3ATM%3D1276245099%3ALM%3D1276245099 I want the data as it is TM=1276245099:LM=1276245099 Any suggestions? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple occurances of same character with a single character.

Hi all, Greetings, I have the following scenario, The contents of main file are like : Unix|||||forum|||||||||||||||is||||||the||best so||||||be|||||on||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||it And i need the output in the following form: Unix=forum=is=the=best so=be=on=it ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipanchandra
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pasting multiple files using awk with delimiter

hi, i want to PASTE two files, with a delimiter in between, using awk and pipe the output to another file. i am able to achive the reqirement using PASTE command. but it has a limitation of length till 511 bytes. Example: ------- File1: ---- sam micheal file2: ---- bosco... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammedsadath
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file into multiple files using delimiter

Hi, I have a file which has many URLs delimited by space. Now i want them to move to separate files each one holding 10 URLs per file. http://3276.e-printphoto.co.uk/guardian http://abdera.apache.org/ http://abdera.apache.org/docs/api/index.html I have used the below code to arrange... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a string using more than one character as delimiter

Hi , I have a set of files in a folder which i need to cut in to two parts.... Sample files touch AE_JUNFOR_2014_MTD_2013-05-30-03-30-02.TXT touch AE_JUNFOR_2014_YTD_2013-05-30-03-30-02.TXT touch temp_AE_JUNFOR_2014_MTD_2013-05-30-03-30-02.TXT touch... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillblue
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace particular occurrence of character in between a delimiter?

Hi, Hi, I have a file with following format 1|" "text " around " |" fire "guest"|" " 2| "xyz"" | "no guest"|"3" 3| """ test3""| "one" guest"|"4" My requirement is to replace all occurrences of " to ' which are occurring between |" "|delimiter so my output should look like this 1|"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: H_bansal
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use multiple delimiter?

How to split 2:6..5 in to separate columns (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadela
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or traili

Hi, Anyone can help using SED searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or trailing space/blank. Text file : "1"|"ExternalClassDEA519CF5"|"Art1" "2"|"ExternalClass563EA516C"|"Art3" "3"|"ExternalClass305ED16B8"|"Art9" ... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
MAKE_SOCKDFC(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)

NAME
make_sockdfc - Generates frozen configuratyion file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
make_sockdfc [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_sockdfc reads in a plain-text configuration file for the SOCKS server and produces a frozen configuration file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/sockd.conf; the default for outfile is /etc/sockd.fc. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen configuration file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen configuration file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen configuration file /etc/sockd.fc first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text configuration file /etc/sockd.conf. If you use frozen configuration, you must remember to run make_sockdfc every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen file of a previous configuration. To find out the contents of a frozen configuration file, use dump_sockdfc. FILES
/etc/sockd.fc, /etc/sockd.conf SEE ALSO
dump_sockdfc(8), sockd.conf(5), sockd.fc(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@best.com or yingda@esd.sgi.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)