Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users penalty for case insensitive grep Post 302499723 by binlib on Friday 25th of February 2011 08:31:25 AM
Old 02-25-2011
Again, it's the fault of I18N. Set LC_ALL to C, you will see that the -i run is only twice as long.
This User Gave Thanks to binlib For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

case insensitive locate

How can I do a case insensitive locate? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davis.ml
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk case-insensitive

can I tell awk to be case insensitive for one operation without setting the ignorecase value ? thanks, Steffen (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: forever_49ers
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make case insensitive checks????

Hi, I have tried to make the conditions similar to the below one's, perhaps, I am not sure if there are any more way's to do that???? if ) ]] echo "Whatever" fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

case insensitive

hi everyone, I need to do the following thing in a case insesitive mode sed 's/work/job/g' filename since work could appear in different form as Work WORK WorK wORK,.... I was wondering if i could do a case insensitive search of a word. thanks in advance, :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make sed case insensitive

I need to remove a pattern say, ABCD whether it is in uppercase or lowercase from a string. How to do it using SED? for example ABCDEF should output to EF abcdEF should also output to EF (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

case-insensitive if on substring

I'd like to print a line if a substring is matched in a case insensitive manner something like do a case insensitive search for ABCD as a substring: awk '{ if (substr($1,1,4) == "") print $1 }' infile > outfile I'm not certain how to make the syntax work??? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

case-insensitive search with AWK

Hi All, How we can perform case-insensitive search with AWK.:rolleyes: regards, Sam (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam25
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Insensitive search

Hey , i am trying to do a search for the certain books , and im trying to make it case insensitive. what i have come up with so far is this : Database.txt RETARDED MONKEY:RACHEAL ABRAHAML:30:30:20 GOLD:FATIN:23.20:12:3 STUPID:JERLYN:20:40:3 echo -n "Title: " read Title echo -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using FIND with case insensitive search

I am using HP-Unix B.11.31. Question: How to do the case insensitive search using FIND? Example: I would like list the files with extension of *.SQL & *.sql. When I try with command find . -type f -name *.sql, it does not lists file with *.SQL. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using awk to search case insensitive

Hello , Using the below scrip to search a string in a file , by case-insensitively Please assist on using the toupper() as getting error !. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x curr_dir=`pwd` file_ctr=0 printf "\n Reviewing the output file from the directory: %s \n\n" $curr_dir ls -latr ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies
Catalyst::Plugin::I18N(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Catalyst::Plugin::I18N(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Plugin::I18N - I18N for Catalyst SYNOPSIS
use Catalyst 'I18N'; print join ' ', @{ $c->languages }; $c->languages( ['de'] ); print $c->localize('Hello Catalyst'); Use a macro if you're lazy: [% MACRO l(text, args) BLOCK; c.localize(text, args); END; %] [% l('Hello Catalyst') %] [% l('Hello [_1]', 'Catalyst') %] [% l('lalala[_1]lalala[_2]', ['test', 'foo']) %] [% l('messages.hello.catalyst') %] DESCRIPTION
Supports mo/po files and Maketext classes under your application's I18N namespace. # MyApp/I18N/de.po msgid "Hello Catalyst" msgstr "Hallo Katalysator" # MyApp/I18N/i_default.po msgid "messages.hello.catalyst" msgstr "Hello Catalyst - fallback translation" # MyApp/I18N/de.pm package MyApp::I18N::de; use base 'MyApp::I18N'; our %Lexicon = ( 'Hello Catalyst' => 'Hallo Katalysator' ); 1; CONFIGURATION You can override any parameter sent to Locale::Maketext::Simple by specifying a "maketext_options" hashref to the "Plugin::I18N" config section. For example, the following configuration will override the "Decode" parameter which normally defaults to 1: __PACKAGE__->config( 'Plugin::I18N' => maketext_options => { Decode => 0 } ); All languages fallback to MyApp::I18N which is mapped onto the i-default language tag. If you use arbitrary message keys, use i_default.po to translate into English, otherwise the message key itself is returned. EXTENDED METHODS setup METHODS languages Contains languages. $c->languages(['de_DE']); print join '', @{ $c->languages }; language return selected locale in your locales list. language_tag return language tag for current locale. The most notable difference from this method in comparison to "language()" is typically that languages and regions are joined with a dash and not an underscore. $c->language(); # en_us $c->language_tag(); # en-us installed_languages Returns a hash of { langtag => "descriptive name for language" } based on language files in your application's I18N directory. The descriptive name is based on I18N::LangTags::List information. If the descriptive name is not available, will be undef. loc localize Localize text. print $c->localize( 'Welcome to Catalyst, [_1]', 'sri' ); SEE ALSO
Catalyst AUTHORS
Sebastian Riedel <sri@cpan.org> Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> Christian Hansen <chansen@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2005 - 2009 the Catalyst::Plugin::I18N "AUTHORS" as listed above. This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-06-14 Catalyst::Plugin::I18N(3pm)