Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to write code inside ssh block in shell? Post 302499651 by Yagami on Friday 25th of February 2011 02:18:37 AM
Old 02-25-2011
Thanks for the help! But looks like that is also not giving the correct Swap In Use. I have couple of servers where I want to ssh so that might be a problem. Currently I am looping in HOST names and checking SIU.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP inside a block of code

I need help on the code below. I am getting a compile error syntax error at line 283 : `<<' unmatched Looks like it doesn't like the << on the ftp line below. If I ran the code outside of this block everything work fine, but when I put in a block of code or in a function, I got syntax error. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leemjesse
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping a array inside inside ssh is not working, pls help

set -A arr a1 a2 a3 a4 # START ssh -xq $Server1 -l $Username /usr/bin/ksh <<-EOS integer j=0 for loop in ${arr} do printf "array - ${arr}\n" (( j = j + 1 )) j=`expr j+1` done EOS # END ========= this is not giving me correct output. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh inside a for loop

Hi, The requirement is to ssh to unix servers and oracle databases, to perform some monitoring activity. I'm using shell script to perfom this. I pass the server details and database to a variable ... SERVERS="SERVER1 SERVER2 SERVER3" DATABASE="DB1 DB2 DB3" for i in $SERVERS do ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil3d
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

variables inside an ssh session

Hello all, I would like to declare and use variables inside an ssh session. I have the feeling that it's not possible. Here is the situtation simpified: #:/bin/sh test="salut" echo $test ssh hudson@10.41.21.99 <<EOF export testssh="salut" echo testssh=$testssh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lotfus
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh command inside a script

Hi, I have a script file in server A. Inside the script file, I first have a ssh command that will connect to a remote server B. In the same script file itself, I have a sequence of commands that has to be run in server B. I am embedding these commands in the script file that I have in server A.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mick_000
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write Awk output to a file , inside script.

Hi, Can anyone please help me with this issue. I have a Awk command which take file as input, and provides the output having multiple lines, its working in command mode, but not if i plug it in script. #!/bin/ksh infile=a.txt outfile=b.txt awk ' BEGIN{ FS=OFS="|";ORS = "\n";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sp999
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple ssh commands inside a shell simultaneously

I would like to execute a commands in four different servers through ssh at a single instance(simultaneously). Below are the details with examples, ssh user1@server1 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server2 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server3 "grep xxxx logs" Each statement will take some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
4 Replies

8. AIX

Need help on for loop inside ssh

Hi, I am having a file like, #cat file Jun 19 13:08 Jun 19 13:08 Jun 19 13:08 Jun 19 13:14 when I run the below comamnd locally it will work fine, IFS=$'\n'; for i in $(cat file) ;do echo "HI $i" ; done And the output is, HI Jun 19 13:08 HI Jun 19 13:08 HI Jun 19 13:08 HI... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to have local shell variables in a ksh script seen on remove server in SSH block?

I have googled this and found many solutions, but none of them are working for me. I am in a korn shell, most others reference bsh, maybe that is the issue? Anyway, all I am trying to do is use a variable I have declared in my main script in a remote shell I am running through ssh. So I have a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a Boolean variable which succeed and failed inside the if loop in shell script ?

I have if loop with multiple variable value check in if loop. How can i print only if loop satisfied variable and its value in shell script ? I dont want to check each variable in if loop. That makes my script larger. if ] then echo "Only satisfied variable with value" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
3 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)