Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dont have a clue which program to use to process flying bat data Post 302499583 by cmp260 on Friday 25th of February 2011 06:31:25 AM
Old 02-25-2011
the counts will hardly ever match completely since there usually a few bats that roost elswhere but return a day or two later

---------- Post updated at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:19 AM ----------

thanks for all your work on this Corona.
a few more questions (remember, I dont have a clueSmilie as yet)
What is the program called? a bash script?
and how would I go about running it? How do I read the output?
are there any online tutorials on it you know of so I can teach myself?
Is there any way to run the program from the unix equivalent of a dos batch file?

If you had the time, it would be nice to be able to see what time of night the maximum daily count was achieved. I know I can manually put the data in excel and adjust the time by -16hours using formulas then paste it into the directories again prior to running your script, but is there anyway to do this programatically?
many thnksSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

IO by Process/program

HI there, I'm trying to find a way of showing the IO's performed by individual programs. Number of reads/writes IO time that kind of thing. Anybody know of any way to show this information. Free little downloads that kind of thing? Cheers Phil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpiuk
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

get program name give a process id

Hi , I have query regarding to get a program name given a pid in HP-Ux . give procees id ( PID) i would like to retrieve the process/program through a C program ? my input to c program will be will be pid and i would like to know what is process name /program name . Many Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
1 Replies

3. Programming

Getting process info in a program

Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to find out in a C software program if a particular process is running without having to write a file. In the past, I have been using the system command to execute a pgrep and output the info to a file. Then the C program reads the file to make the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: herbmiller
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to start a process in linux using C program??

I have a set of attributes such as group id,group name,etc related to a linux process. Iwant to know how to start a process in linux using C program.Plz do help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigneshinbox
3 Replies

5. Programming

Process creation in Unix with C Program

Hi, can somebody please help me regarding this? How can i print parent's PID from child's and vice versa. I have tried with getpid() & ngetppid() function but it is not giving me the correct data. The logic i used is: if (pid == 0) { getpid() : Chil'd PID getppid():... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsudipta
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

defunct process occuring in a particular program

All, I am getting a wired scenario, Not all times but some times i am getting the defunct process for a program. If i rerun the same program it is working fine.This defunct scenario is not occuring often. And this is happening only for the one program in my system that to sometimes Can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dont have a clue again- flying bat data new logger

hi, this is related to this thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/154822-dont-have-clue-program-use-process-flying-bat-data.html using another type of logger (ipcas ipether232) which produces csv data but not seperated into differnt folders. I need to work out how to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmp260
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get parent process program name?

Hi: I have 2 script on AIX server. The child script is called by parent script. For example: The parent script full name is /home/op/def/parent.spt, which calls /home/op/abc/child.spt I want to get the parent program name with full path name (i.e. /home/op/def/parent.spt), in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I dont want to exit the program by ctrl + c

Hey , guys I am new to shell programing ,, so need a help from you guys ... I have to write a shell script that accepts file name or directory name from the user if it is a directory then throw an error if it is a file then give the user two options . 1.overwrite the content 2.append the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolashu
2 Replies
GFTODVI(1)						      General Commands Manual							GFTODVI(1)

NAME
gftodvi - make proof sheets from generic font files SYNOPSIS
gftodvi [ -overflow-label-offset=real ] [ -verbose ] [ gf_file_name ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page is not meant to be exhaustive. The complete documentation for this version of TeX can be found in the info file or manual Web2C: A TeX implementation. The gftodvi program converts a generic font (gf) file output by, for example, mf(1), to a device independent (DVI) file (that can then be typeset using the same software that has already been written for TeX). The characters in the gf file will appear one per page, with labels, titles, and annotations as specified in Appendix H (Hardcopy Proofs) of The Metafontbook. gftodvi uses other fonts in addition to the main gf file. A `gray' font is used to typeset the pixels that actually make up the character. (We wouldn't want all the pixels to be simply black, since then labels, key points, and other information would be lost.) A `title' font is used for the information at the top of the page. A `label' font is used for the labels on key points of the figure. A `slant' font is used to typeset diagonal lines, which otherwise have to be simulated using horizontal and vertical rules. The default gray, title, and label fonts are gray, cmr8, and cmtt10, respectively; there is no default slant font. To change the default fonts, you can give special commands in your Metafont source file, or you can change the fonts online. An online dia- log ensues if you end the gf_file_name with a `/'. For example, gftodvi cmr10.300gf/ Special font substitution: grayfont black OK; any more? grayfontarea /home/art/don/ OK; any more? slantfont /home/fonts/slantimagen6 OK; any more? <RET> will use /home/art/don/black as the `gray' font and /home/fonts/slantimagen6 as the `slant' font (this name indicates a font for lines with slope 1/6 at the resolution of an Imagen printer). The gf_file_name on the command line must be complete. (The program prompts you for it if you don't give it.) Because the resolution is part of the extension, it would not make sense to append a default extension as is done with TeX or DVI-reading software. The output file name defaults to the same root as the gf file, with the dvi extension added. For example, the input file cmr10.2602gf would become cmr10.dvi. OPTIONS
The argument to -overflow-label-offset specifies the distance from the right edge of the character bounding box at which the overflow equa- tions (if any) are typeset. The value is given in TeX points. The default is a little over two inches. Without the -verbose option, gftodvi operates silently. With it, a banner and progress report are printed on stdout. ENVIRONMENT
gftodvi looks for gf_file_name using the environment variable GFFONTS. If that is not set, it uses the variable TEXFONTS. If that is not set, it uses the system default. See tex(1) for the details of the searching. FILES
{gray.tfm,...} The default fonts. {gray.mf,...} The Metafont sources. SEE ALSO
tex(1), mf(1). Donald E. Knuth, The Metafontbook (Volume C of Computers and Typesetting), Addison-Wesley, 1986, ISBN 0-201-13445-4. Donald E. Knuth et al., Metafontware. AUTHORS
Donald E. Knuth wrote the program. It was published as part of the Metafontware technical report, available from the TeX Users Group. Paul Richards ported it to Unix. Web2C 7.3.1 14 December 1993 GFTODVI(1)