Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris OPS Center Email Notifications Post 302499556 by jlliagre on Thursday 24th of February 2011 04:07:01 PM
Old 02-24-2011
Putting in clear text root's password on a plain file is quite questionable. If the mail server requires user authentication, a dedicated, unprivileged, and restricted account would be a better option.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun xVM Ops Center 1.1

I have 180 Solaris 7, 8 and 9 servers to patch and am looking at using xVM Ops Center. Has anyone here had any experience with it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_crosby
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Ops Center

Hi, Can anyone share the link to download sun ops centre i have sun partner account, but i unable find the link Thanks RJS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
3 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Agent Installation Issue on Ops Center

Hi guys . While installing the agent on an asset Solaris system: root@system: /var/tmp/OC $ /opt/SUNWxvmoc/bin/agentadm configure -u root -p /var/tmp/OC/mypasswd -x 172.21.16.65 agentadm: Version 12.1.2.2161 launched with args: configure -u root -p /var/tmp/OC/mypasswd -x 172.21.16.65 Validating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Ops Center AI wrong IP

Hello, I have problems with Automated Installer on Solaris 11. I tried provision Solaris 11 on my T5-1B server from Ops Center, but AI set wrong IP address for manifest SMF. My Ops Center server has two IP addresses 10.236.102.219 and 10.226.21.141. Second IP is in subnet for provisioning of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: olibertu
25 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS