Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Redirect String to STDIN
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Redirect String to STDIN Post 302499494 by ctsgnb on Thursday 24th of February 2011 01:04:14 PM
Old 02-24-2011
Help us to help you : please give more clue and give a representative sample of
input and expected output

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stdin not tty when try to pine or redirect

My supervisor keep getting "stdin not tty" or something like that when he pipe or redirect input into a program. Others don't seem to get this message. Is there some way I can help him to fix or turn this off? Thx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Micz
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect STDIN

can you redirect STDIN with command arguments? I have tried this approach: # ./script -option <argument1> <argument2> 0<$2 # $2: ambiguous redirect Is this possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
4 Replies

3. Programming

Redirect stdin and out to sockets

For windows was pretty simple to redirect the std in a and out of a child process for "cmd.exe " command prompt terminal to a socket using connected pipes passed to a new process in the STARTUPINFO structure. BOOL b = ::CreatePipe((LPHANDLE)h_stdInRead,(LPHANDLE)hsdtInWriteTmp, &SecAttrib,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gyula
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

inline redirect stdin

Hi: I have the next script on ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh cd $FUENTES qdesign <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/qtp <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/quiz <<-! ! ! ! This script is very simple, i want to nest three process quiz into qtp, and this into qdesign. When I run it , i receive the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ct2marer
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

inline redirect stdin

Hi: I have the next script on ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh cd $FUENTES qdesign <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/qtp <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/quiz <<-! ! ! ! This script is very simple, i want to nest three process quiz into qtp, and this into qdesign. When I run it , i receive the next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ct2marer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot redirect to STDIN in a shell script

I am unable to use STDIn redirection with < (commands) When I do the following, both approaches work and give the same results: 1. $ printf "aaa\nbbb\n" > file1 $ printf "111\n222\n" > file2 $ cat file1 file2 aaa bbb 111 2222. $ cat <(printf "aaa\nbbb\n") <(printf "111\n222\n") aaa... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: metaltree
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect stdin stdout to multiple files

Hi, i know how to a) redirect stdout and stderr to one file, b) and write to two files concurrently with same output using tee command Now, i want to do both the above together. I have a script and it should write both stdout and stderr in one file and also write the same content to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdin/stdout to/from command from/to string

Hi, I am working on a project where I have to generate and execute nasm code on-the-fly. I generate the code in a file program.asm and then execute it.This output is to stdout which i redirect to an output file which i read back to compare results: system("nasm -f elf program.asm >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc_cypher
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace string in file with stdin

Hi Im trying to do the following: grep -H Date: out/* | sed 's/':'/ /' | awk '$4 ~ /^/ {print $1}' | while read VARIABLE; do awk '{print $1,$3,$2}' $VARIABLE | sed (take stdin and replace a string in $VARIABLE) done What this is basically doing is finding all files with Date: in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect string from bash stderr to user stdin

Hi there, I need to execute a command in the bash. The program prints some standard (output and) error and then wants the user to choose one of several options and type the according input. I am trying to solve this issue in a bash script but also running into some circular dependency. How can I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredestet
7 Replies
GRUB-MKLAYOUT(1)						   User Commands						  GRUB-MKLAYOUT(1)

NAME
grub-mklayout - generate a GRUB keyboard layout file SYNOPSIS
grub-mklayout [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
grub-mklayout processes a keyboard layout description in keymaps(5) format into a format that can be used by GRUB's keymap command. Generate GRUB keyboard layout from Linux console one. -i, --input=FILE set input filename. Default is STDIN -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-mkconfig(8) The full documentation for grub-mklayout is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-mklayout programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-mklayout should give you access to the complete manual. grub-mklayout (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-MKLAYOUT(1)