Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat BIND 9.x log answers to queries Post 302499485 by fpmurphy on Thursday 24th of February 2011 12:48:10 PM
Old 02-24-2011
Have a look at the BIND9 configuration logging clause. Try adding the client and resolver categories.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Need Some (help)answers Asap

can someone explain the meaning of the following shell commands: 1. who / wc -l 2. who / sort > user_names 3. cat students > new_students 4. current_day='date / cut -cl-3' i would also appreciated if you could tell me some things about the umask 1. what is a good umask value and why? 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakis
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic script for yes and no answers

What is the basic syntax for a script that says do you want to do this? y - execute this n - end not y or n - end and print this for example if I want to run this: "Do you want to start this process?" answer if y,Y, or yes then run the following script (do I put the script with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
10 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Slow Queries Log: Lock_time

In MySQL's slow queries log, it'll have an entry like this: # User@Host: scc_service @ # Query_time: 43 Lock_time: 0 Rows_sent: 0 Rows_examined: 0 SET timestamp=1237769209; UPDATE loan SET funding_status="scheduled",datetime_approved=now() WHERE loan_id = '00000'; What does Lock_time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zefflyn
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question and answers

Hello All, I need to prepare for interview. Can any body help me with interview question and answers pls.. Regards, Sam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Bind 9.x cannot log answers to queries

I know this is a duplicate question but the original has never been answered properly. I've got Bind 9.x set up on my box and the logging turned on. I can see queries being logged but I still can't get it to log the answers to those queries. Here is my named.conf file: # File: /etc/named.conf ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vadim B
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answers urgently!!

hello guys!! need 1 favour from u all.. Can u jst tell me the answers for these ques?? 1. ls - l _____ : command to return all files that end with single digit and those with TXT extension 2. ls -l report* _______ : command to return all files that start with the word RPT except those with LOG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gan_7
1 Replies

7. Programming

Always giving the answers as 1

Hi, I have wrote a python program to sum the numbers in a list.However its giving answer one. Please advise. MyList = Number = int(input("Please enter number:")) for i in range(1, Number + 1): value = int(input("Enter Numbers %d:" %i)) MyList.append(value) total =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
3 Replies
LWRES_CONFIG(3) 						       BIND9							   LWRES_CONFIG(3)

NAME
lwres_conf_init, lwres_conf_clear, lwres_conf_parse, lwres_conf_print, lwres_conf_get - lightweight resolver configuration SYNOPSIS
#include <lwres/lwres.h> void lwres_conf_init(lwres_context_t *ctx); void lwres_conf_clear(lwres_context_t *ctx); lwres_result_t lwres_conf_parse(lwres_context_t *ctx, const char *filename); lwres_result_t lwres_conf_print(lwres_context_t *ctx, FILE *fp); lwres_conf_t * lwres_conf_get(lwres_context_t *ctx); DESCRIPTION
lwres_conf_init() creates an empty lwres_conf_t structure for lightweight resolver context ctx. lwres_conf_clear() frees up all the internal memory used by that lwres_conf_t structure in resolver context ctx. lwres_conf_parse() opens the file filename and parses it to initialise the resolver context ctx's lwres_conf_t structure. lwres_conf_print() prints the lwres_conf_t structure for resolver context ctx to the FILE fp. RETURN VALUES
lwres_conf_parse() returns LWRES_R_SUCCESS if it successfully read and parsed filename. It returns LWRES_R_FAILURE if filename could not be opened or contained incorrect resolver statements. lwres_conf_print() returns LWRES_R_SUCCESS unless an error occurred when converting the network addresses to a numeric host address string. If this happens, the function returns LWRES_R_FAILURE. SEE ALSO
stdio(3), resolver(5). FILES
/etc/resolv.conf COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2005, 2007, 2012 Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. ("ISC") Copyright (C) 2000, 2001 Internet Software Consortium. BIND9 Jun 30, 2000 LWRES_CONFIG(3)