Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing variables problem - Bash Post 302499350 by clx on Thursday 24th of February 2011 07:18:49 AM
Old 02-24-2011
will this work?

Code:
#!/bin/bash
while read mail_id
do
  sudo ./backup_maildir $mail_id
done < accounts

btw try removing ";"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing 2 variables

Hi All, I need to pass 2 variables name 'vamskt' and 'vamsi'. Here is my question: delete from gpi.usergroup where usg_user_id in ('vamskt'); delete from gpi.userroles where uro_user_id in ('vamskt'); delete from gpi.user where usr_id in ('vamskt'); insert into gpi.user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvamsikiran
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem using variables in bash script

I am using variable to give the location of the file I am using but I get error. Here is the code: LogFile=/tmp/log.email echo -e "could not close the service - error number $error \n" > $LogFile well this is not all the code but is enough because the problem start when I try to use the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables from bash to php-cli

Hello everyone, I've been looking how to pass variables between bash and php-cli in 1 file. So far i got this: #!/bin/bash echo "This is bash" php << EOF <?php echo "This is php\n"; ?> EOF I would now like to be able to pass a variable declared in the bash to the php. I already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbee
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with positional variables in BASH

Hello, my problem is simple & I searched a lot but I couldn't find anything about it: Basically I'd like to pass $i to a variable, $i being the positional variable; but it is unknown in the beginning so I can't do it like eg. myvar=$3, it HAS to be the "i".. First, I tried myvar=$($i) ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmyyyyy
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Variables

I have below data: DAY1=10202013 I am trying below but not getting the desired output: COUNT=1 DATE=DAY$COUNT echo "Date is $DATE" However output I am getting is: Date is DAY1 I wanted the output as: Date is 10202013 I tried following as well: DAY1=10202013 COUNT=1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockyr1985
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with variables and bash script

From the command line: dions-air:scripts dion$ ls -l /Users/dion/Library/Application\ Support/Garmin/Devices/3816821036/History/2014-06-07-055251.TCX -rw-r--r-- 1 dion staff 157934 7 Jun 06:55 /Users/dion/Library/Application Support/Garmin/Devices/3816821036/History/2014-06-07-055251.TCXworks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dionbl
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Getting a semi-tailing backslash when passing (escaped) variables to script

Heyas Figured me had a 'typo' in tui-conf-set, i went to fix it. Now, i also figured, it might be nice to have tui-conf-set report (to console, not only exit code) wether it could save the variable to the file or not. This said, I appended this code: (the tui-title and tui-echo lines are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash] passing variables to executable doesn't work

Bash version 4.4.20 / Ubuntu 16.0.4 Hello, I tried to write a script that gathers some data and passes them to an executable. The executed application answers with an error. The echo output in the script returns correct values. If I copy/paste the last echo command, it get's executed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushi2k7
2 Replies
ClonalFrame(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ClonalFrame(1)

NAME
ClonalFrame - inference of bacterial microevolution using multilocus sequence data SYNOPSIS
ClonalFrame [OPTIONS] inputfile outputfile DESCRIPTION
ClonalFrame identifies the clonal relationships between the members of a sample, while also estimating the chromosomal position of homolo- gous recombination events that have disrupted the clonal inheritance. Options: -x NUM Sets the number of iterations after burn-in (default is 50000) -y NUM Sets the number of burn-in iterations (default is 50000) -z NUM Sets the number of iterations between samples (default is 100) -e NUM Sets the number of branch-swapping moves per iterations (default is so that half of the time is spent branch-swapping) -m NUM Sets the initial value of theta to NUM (default is Watterson estimate) -d NUM Sets the initial value of delta to NUM (default is 0.001) -n NUM Sets the initial value of nu to NUM (default is 0.01) -r NUM Sets the initial value of R to NUM (default is initial theta/10) -M Do update the value of theta -D Do not update the value of delta -N Do not update the value of nu -R Do not update the value of R -T Do not update the topology -A Do not update the ages of the nodes -G Remove all gaps -H Remove all gaps at non-polymorphic positions -t NUM Indicate which initial tree to use: 0 for a null tree, 1 for a uniformly chosen coalescent tree and 2 for UPGMA tree (default) -w FILE Use Newick file for initial tree -a NUM Sets the first parameter of the beta prior distribution of nu -b NUM Sets the second parameter of the beta prior distribution of nu -U Use uniform priors for rho, theta and delta -B Run in BURST mode -C Run in UPGMA mode with a site-by-site bootstrap procedure -c Run in UPGMA mode with a fragment-by-fragment bootstrap procedure -S NUM Sets the seed for the random number generator to NUM -E NUM Sets the rate of exponential growth (default is 0) -I Ignores first block in the alignment -L Clean-up the alignment before running ClonalFrame -l Minimum distance between two reference sites (default is 50) -v Verbose mode AUTHOR
ClonalFrame was written by Xavier Didelot. This manual page was written by Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). February 2011 1.2 ClonalFrame(1)