Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting Concatenated Words in Input File with Words from a Master File Post 302499267 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 09:25:27 PM
Old 02-23-2011
I get core dump if input file has a blank line in it:

Code:
assertion "(n->flags & WSTRCUR) == 0" failed: file "../gawk-3.1.8/field.c", line 217, function: rebuild_record
Aborted (core dumped)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting words from a string

Hi, I have a string like this in a file, I want to retrive the words separated by comma's in 3 variables. like How do i get that.plz advice (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out words, replace them and count words

hello, i 'd like your help about a bash script which: 1. finds inside the html file (it is attached with my post) the code number of the Latest Stable Kernel, 2.finds the link which leads to the download location of the Latest Stable Kernel version, (the right link should lead to the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex83
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk splitting words into files problem

Hi, I am trying to split the words having the delimiter as colon ';' in to separate files using awk. Here's my code. echo "f1;f2;f3" | awk '/;/{c=sprintf("%02d",++i); close("out" c)} {print > "out" c}' echo "f1;f2;f3" | awk -v i=0 '/;/{close("out"i); i++; next} {print > "out"i}' But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Concatenated Words With Largest Strings First

hello, I had posted earlier help for a script for splitting concatenated words . The script was supposed to read words from a master file and split concatenated words in the slave/input file. Thanks to the help I got, the following script which works very well was posted. It detects residues by... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting concatenated words in input file with words from the same file

Dear all, I am working with names and I have a large file of names in which some words are written together (upto 4 or 5) and their corresponding single forms are also present in the word-list. An example would make this clear annamarie mariechristine johnsmith johnjoseph smith john smith... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping a list of words from one file in a master database of homophones

Hello, I am sorry if the title is confusing, but I need a script to grep a list of Names from a Source file in a Master database in which all the homophonic variants of the name are listed along with a single indexing key and store all of these in an output file. I need this because I am testing... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How count the number of two words associated with the two words occurring in the file?

Hi , I need to count the number of errors associated with the two words occurring in the file. It's about counting the occurrences of the word "error" for where is the word "index.js". As such the command should look like. Please kindly help. I was trying: grep "error" log.txt | wc -l (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmarx
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk gensub, match capital words and lowercase words

Hi I have strings like these : Vengeance mitt Men Vengeance gloves Women Quatro Windstopper Etip gloves Quatro Windstopper Etip gloves Girls Thermobite hooded jacket Thermobite Triclimate snow jacket Boys Thermobite Triclimate snow jacket and I would like to get the lower case words at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace the words in the file to the words that user type?

Hello, I would like to change my setting in a file to the setting that user input. For example, by default it is ONBOOT=ON When user key in "YES", it would be ONBOOT=YES -------------- This code only adds in the entire user input, but didn't replace it. How do i go about... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfolozy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that line

Hi All, I need one help to replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that file . i.e. my self is peter@king. i am staying at north sydney. we all are peter@king. How to replace peter to sham if it finds @king in any line of that file. Please help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajib Podder
8 Replies
SAVECORE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       SAVECORE(8)

NAME
savecore -- save a core dump of the operating system SYNOPSIS
savecore -c [-v] [device ...] savecore -C [-v] [device ...] savecore [-fkvz] [-m maxdumps] [directory [device ...]] DESCRIPTION
The savecore utility copies a core dump into directory, or the current working directory if no directory argument is given, and enters a reboot message and information about the core dump into the system log. The options are as follows: -C Check to see if a dump exists, and display a brief message to indicate the status. An exit status of 0 indicates that a dump is there, 1 indicates that none exists. This option is compatible only with the [-v] option. -c Clear the dump, so that future invocations of savecore will ignore it. -f Force a dump to be taken even if either the dump was cleared or if the dump header information is inconsistent. -k Do not clear the dump after saving it. -m maxdumps Maximum number of dumps to store. Once the number of stored dumps is equal to maxdumps the counter will restart from 0. -v Print out some additional debugging information. Specify twice for more information. -z Compress the core dump and kernel (see gzip(1)). The savecore utility looks for dumps on each device specified by the device argument(s), or on each device in /etc/fstab marked as ``dump'' or ``swap''. The savecore utility checks the core dump in various ways to make sure that it is complete. If it passes these checks, it saves the core image in directory/vmcore.# and information about the core in directory/info.#. For kernel textdumps generated with the textdump(4) facility, output will be stored in the tar(5) format and named directory/textdump.tar.#. The ``#'' is the number from the first line of the file directory/bounds, and it is incremented and stored back into the file each time savecore successfully runs. The savecore utility also checks the available disk space before attempting to make the copies. If there is insufficient disk space in the file system containing directory, or if the file directory/minfree exists and the number of free kilobytes (for non-superusers) in the file system after the copies were made would be less than the number in the first line of this file, the copies are not attempted. If savecore successfully copies the kernel and the core dump, the core dump is cleared so that future invocations of savecore will ignore it. The savecore utility is meant to be called near the end of the initialization file /etc/rc (see rc(8)). SEE ALSO
gzip(1), getbootfile(3), textdump(4), tar(5), dumpon(8), syslogd(8) HISTORY
The savecore utility appeared in 4.1BSD. Support for kernel textdumps appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. BUGS
The minfree code does not consider the effect of compression or sparse files. BSD
December 17, 2012 BSD