Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News On Computing Enterprise IT Risk Metrics Post 302499119 by Linux Bot on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 09:00:01 AM
Old 02-23-2011
On Computing Enterprise IT Risk Metrics

HPL-2011-26 On Computing Enterprise IT Risk Metrics - Bhatt, Sandeep; Horne, William; Rao, Prasad
Keyword(s): No keywords available.
Abstract: Assessing the vulnerability of large heterogeneous systems is crucial to IT operational decisions such as prioritizing the deployment of security patches and enhanced monitoring. These assessments are based on various criteria, including (i) the NIST National Vulnerability Database which reports ten ...
Full Report

More...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Metrics

Hi, Does anyone know of any programs that can create Unix (Solaris) server metrics such as server uptime, services uptime, processor utilization by hour by day, memory utilization by hour by day, active users by hour by day, etc? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghuber
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I/O Stats Metrics

What do others use for measuring I/O statistics? I'd like something versatile, as in being able to watch (like iostat, but easier to trend), generate load (like iozone, but more realistic), and perform somewhat generalized benchmarks (like bonnie, but more current.) It would scale from a few... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Risk report: Four years of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4

Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 4 was released on February 15th, 2005. This report takes a look at the state of security for the first four years from release. We look at key metrics, specific vulnerabilities, and the most common ways users were affected by security issues. We will show some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance Metrics using wget

I am looking for a way to measure performance metrics of streaming audio/video from a contecnt server, e.g. YouTube for example. Im keen to see if I can look at duration it took for contecnt to download. I know from the output of wget's log file you can see duration a url is downloaded in.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
5 Replies
COUNTPERL(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     COUNTPERL(1p)

NAME
countperl - count lines, packages, subs and complexity of Perl files. SYNOPSIS
countperl FILE_OR_DIRECTORY [FILE_OR_DIRECTORY ....] REQUIRED ARGUMENTS
At least one file or directory path must be supplied. EXIT STATUS
Exits zero on success, non-zero on failure. DESCRIPTION
countperl uses Perl::Metrics::Simple to examines the named files and recursivesly searches named directories for Perl files. Perl files are identified by Perl::Metrics::Simple->is_perl_file. Basically if the file ends in ".pl", ".pm", or ".t" or has what appears to be a perl shebang line. countperl produces a report on STDOUT of counts of total lines, packages, subroutines/methods, the minimum, maximum, mean, standard deviation, and median size and mccabe_complexity (cyclomatic complexity) of subroutines and the 'main' portion of each file (everything not in a subroutine.) Output Format Line counts do not include comments nor pod. The current output format is human-readable text: Perl files found: 3 Counts ------ total code lines: 856 lines of non-sub code: 450 packages found: 3 subs/methods: 42 Subroutine/Method Size ---------------------- min: 3 lines max: 32 lines mean: 9.67 lines std. deviation: 7.03 median: 7.50 McCabe Complexity ----------------- Code not in any subroutine:: min: 1 max 1 mean: 1.00 std. deviation: 0.00 median: 1.00 Subroutines/Methods: min: 1 max: 5 avg: 1.00 std. deviation: 1.36 median: 1.00 Tab-delimited list of subroutines, with most complex at top ----------------------------------------------------------- complexity sub path size 5 is_perl_file lib/Perl/Metrics/Simple.pm 11 5 _has_perl_shebang lib/Perl/Metrics/Simple.pm 13 5 _init lib/Perl/Metrics/Simple/Analysis/File.pm 30 4 find_files lib/Perl/Metrics/Simple.pm 11 4 new lib/Perl/Metrics/Simple/Analysis.pm 10 4 is_ref lib/Perl/Metrics/Simple/Analysis.pm 8 VERSION
This is version 0.031 of countperl. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
Bugs No bugs reported yet :-) See: http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Perl-Metrics-Simple Limitations Does not accept input from STDIN. No machine-readable report format available (e.g. XML, tab-delimited) SUPPORT
Via CPAN: Disussion Forum http://www.cpanforum.com/dist/Perl-Metrics-Simple Bug Reports http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Perl-Metrics-Simple DEPENDENCIES
Perl::Metrics::Simple 0.13 (which depends upon PPI.) Pod::Usage SEE ALSO
PPI Perl::Critic Perl::Metrics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclomatic_complexity AUTHOR
Matisse Enzer CPAN ID: MATISSE Eigenstate Consulting, LLC matisse@eigenstate.net http://www.eigenstate.net/ LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2010-05-13 COUNTPERL(1p)