Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris solaris 10 login. I can not input any character Post 302499003 by unhuman on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 04:31:31 AM
Old 02-23-2011
i still cant login. my password is so simple. i reckon there is something else going on. do u have any other ideas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get rid of the ` character from input file?

A sed command works most of the time however it fails sometimes. I put each line (record) I read of a file through the following command data=$(cat file | sed 's///g' | sed 's|.*ex:Msg\(.*\)ex:Msg.*|\1|' ) When I run the script I get a message that states that there is an invalid format... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 login problem

Hi I have a ULTRA ENTERPRISE 2 machine. The system won't allow me to log in. When I use the root /root-password to login at CDE graphics screen , it says invalid user shell. I have not set up any other account here so I don't know whether this problem is only for root user.Whats the next step ??/ (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enke1234
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating a input file for numeric and character

i have a input file like this 001|rahim|bajaj|20090102 while reading the file i need to check whether the first column is a number second column is a name is there any methodology to check for the same thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login to solaris zones

Guys We are on solaris sparc v10 OS. I would like to know how do I login to the zones? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vandi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unwanted control character in the input

Hi Shell Scripting Experts, I have a shell script running daily on a remote machine through ssh. To avoid the trouble of restarting the script when ssh disconnects, I use screen (a unix tool) and run the script within a screen session. What this script does is to ask the user to input y or n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeff_cen
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris superuser login

Hi! Can someone please tell me how to log-in to Solaris as a superuser or as a root? I have tried using "root" as a username, and my superuser password i had set in the terminal for the log-in password but it says "Roles can only be assumed by authorized users". "Permission denied." I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CarlosP
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Login Screen in Solaris 11

I have a requirement to add a warning banner to the Solaris 11 login screen. Adding the banner was pretty easy in Solaris 10 by changing *Dtlogin. Does anyone know how to make the change in Solaris !!? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT!!!move character x of input string to some position

i have this prob I have some records in a file1 like this 1001 sajal singh tampa 1002 .... so on i have a pattern file which is like this 1,4 4,13 14,15 i have to read the first pair 1,4 and extract that from the first record so the pattern is 1001 now i have to scramble 1001... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spankincubus
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why menu won't allow 2 character input?

I’m trying to write a script for users to easily check folder size. The idea is to have a menu that starts at the top directory and then drills down to lower directories. Selections 1-9 work fine. The issue I’m having is any 2 digit menu selections (10+) doesn’t work and it returns the error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkCyc
3 Replies
NWUSERLIST(1)							    nwuserlist							     NWUSERLIST(1)

NAME
nwuserlist - List Users logged in at a NetWare server SYNOPSIS
nwuserlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -a ] [ -q ] [ -f [ -d ] [ -D ] [ -t ]] DESCRIPTION
nwuserlist lists the users logged in at a NetWare server, together with their connection number and their login time. nwuserlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more informa- tion. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwuserlist prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -a With option -a the IPX address of the station the user is logged in from is printed as well. -q With option -q object ID is printed in addition to user name. -f List also files opened by each connection. -d List detailed informations about each file. -D List DOS filename instead of filename which was used for opening. -t Show raw hexadecimal values in addition to human readable conversions. AUTHORS
nwuserlist was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwuserlist 7/22/1996 NWUSERLIST(1)