Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris LS redirection to a file in same folder Post 302498940 by jlliagre on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 12:11:45 AM
Old 02-23-2011
As I wrote this hack isn't robust and might just not work depending on various factors so shouldn't be relied upon.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File redirection

Is it possible to sh a command and receive the standard output on the scrren and use file redirection ie ls -lt > test. Also On SCO-UNIX there was a tellme command which displayed a message when a script had finished running is there something similar for HP UNIX as it is not working. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: namtab
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the .txt file for folder name and FTP to the corrsponding folder.

Oracle procedure create files on UNIX folder on a regular basis. I need to FTP files onto windows server and place the files, based on their name, in the corresponding folders. File name is as follows: ccyymmddfoldernamefile.txt; Folder Name length could be of any size; however, the prefix and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file redirection problem

my querry is suppose i have duplicate std i/p with FD-3 --exec 0<&3 now redirected std i/p to a file ----exec 0<file1 suppose i am reading the file line by line --while read LINE cutting some fields and comparing it with a variable and if a match is found ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the file from one folder to another folder

Hi, I have a requirement to move a file from one folder(a) to another folder(b) only when folder (b) have a write permission. Folder permission is 755 If the permission is otherthan 755 we need to come out of the loop I will appreciate your help Thanks Soll (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sollins
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fbackup redirection to a file.

Hi, I have a fbackup step as below /bin/nice /etc/fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I /opt/monitrol/tmp/Index.full Now the errors that i will get in case of the fbackup step, I want to redirect them to a file. Please help me how to redirect to a file. Thanks, Avik. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik.nandi
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File redirection question

Hi all, I am working with the Grinder tool (unrelated to my question) to redirect the output of a program to a file as follows: java -cp $CLASSPATH net.grinder.TCPProxy > grinder.txt This is a proxy server which pipes output to a file. When I do something on my proxy, more and more goes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Annorax
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output file redirection

Suppose I have a file named a When I write cat a>a The following error message is displayed cat: a: input file is output file and my file a is truncated to zero size. Also the exit status of the last command is 1 Can someone tell me what actually happens when I do so? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aagajaba
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Management: How do I move all JPGS in a folder structure to a single folder?

This is the file structure: DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder1qweqwasdfsd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder2asdasdasd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder3asdadfhgasdf/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder4qwetwdfsdfg/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to move set of file from one folder to another folder

Hi all, let me explain my requirments i am having 5 folder with different name for eg) abc , cdf , efd, rtg, ead each 5 folders contain 15 files i want to move 10 files to some other folder, remain 5 files should be there in the same folder. give me some suggestion on this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output redirection of c binary file to a file in shell script is failing

I am struck up with a problem and that is with output redirection. I used all the ways for the redirection of the output of c binary to a file, still it is failing. Here are the different ways which I have used: ./a.out | tee -a /root/tmp.txt 2>&1 ./a.out | tee -a /root/tmp.txt 1>&1 ./a.out |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maya29988
2 Replies
GET_ROBUST_LIST(2)						Linux System Calls						GET_ROBUST_LIST(2)

NAME
get_robust_list, set_robust_list - get/set list of robust futexes SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/futex.h> #include <syscall.h> long get_robust_list(int pid, struct robust_list_head **head_ptr, size_t *len_ptr); long set_robust_list(struct robust_list_head *head, size_t len); Note: There are no glibc wrappers for these system calls; see NOTES. DESCRIPTION
The robust futex implementation needs to maintain per-thread lists of robust futexes which are unlocked when the thread exits. These lists are managed in user space; the kernel is only notified about the location of the head of the list. The get_robust_list() system call returns the head of the robust futex list of the thread whose thread ID is specified in pid. If pid is 0, the head of the list for the calling thread is returned. The list head is stored in the location pointed to by head_ptr. The size of the object pointed to by **head_ptr is stored in len_ptr. The set_robust_list() system call requests the kernel to record the head of the list of robust futexes owned by the calling thread. The head argument is the list head to record. The len argument should be sizeof(*head). RETURN VALUE
The set_robust_list() and get_robust_list() system calls return zero when the operation is successful, an error code otherwise. ERRORS
The set_robust_list() system call can fail with the following error: EINVAL len does not match the size of structure struct robust_list_head expected by kernel. The get_robust_list() system call can fail with the following errors: EPERM The calling process does not have permission to see the robust futex list of the thread with the thread ID pid, and does not have the CAP_SYS_PTRACE capability. ESRCH No thread with the thread ID pid could be found. EFAULT The head of the robust futex list can't be stored at the location head. VERSIONS
These system calls were added in Linux 2.6.17. No library support is provided; use syscall(2). NOTES
These system calls are not needed by normal applications. No support for them is provided in glibc. In the unlikely event that you want to call them directly, use syscall(2). A thread can have only one robust futex list; therefore applications that wish to use this functionality should use the robust mutexes pro- vided by glibc. SEE ALSO
futex(2) Documentation/robust-futexes.txt and Documentation/robust-futex-ABI.txt in the Linux kernel source tree COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2012-07-13 GET_ROBUST_LIST(2)