Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using an awk script to identify dupes in two files Post 302498913 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 22nd of February 2011 10:14:01 PM
Old 02-22-2011
Code:
awk -F= 'NR==FNR{O[$1]++;next} !($1 in O)' file1 file2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to identify files I cannot access

I want to use find (or something else) to give me a list of all files in a directory tree where the group access is not rwx or rw-. I'm trying to archive the whole directory tree, but it won't archive any files where I do not have at least read access. I have tried: find . ! -perm -060 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wvdeijk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to identify files

Hi, I have one problem. I want to identify all those files which are named according to the format <name>_<date>. I have tried using awk and grep in bash but i m not able to get it correct. Can someone please help? It's urgent !! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayan_goswami
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to identify the number of files and to append data

Hi I am having a question where I have to 1) Identify the number of files in a directory with a specific format and if the count is >1 we need to concatenate those two files into one file and remember that in the second file the header should not be copied. it should be form first file.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradkumar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to identify files without extension and assign a value

Hi, I have a perl script which is a part of a shell script which read lines from a flat file(which is generated as part of a script after a series of bteq/fexp) and assigns a value for each object in the file based on the type of file name. (i.e extensions like .bteq/.ctl/.ksh etc) For example,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yohasini
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for identifying and deleting dupes in a line

I am compiling a synonym dictionary which has the following structure Headword=Synonym1,Synonym2 and so on, with each synonym separated by a comma. As is usual in such cases manual preparation of synonyms results in repeating the synonym which results in dupes as in the example below:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Dupes from huge file- awk/perl/uniq

Hi, I have the following command in place nawk -F, '!a++' file > file.uniq It has been working perfectly as per requirements, by removing duplicates by taking into consideration only first 3 fields. Recently it has started giving below error: bash-3.2$ nawk -F, '!a++'... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: makn
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in modifying existing Perl Script to produce report of dupes

Hello, I have a large amount of data with the following structure: Word=Transliterated word I have written a Perl Script (reproduced below) which goes through the full file and identifies all dupes on the right hand side. It creates successfully a new file with two headers: Singletons and Dupes.... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to find the number of files and identify which ones are 0 bytes.

I am writing a bash script to find out all the files in a directory which are empty. I am running into multiple issues. I will really appreciate if someone can please help me. #!/bin/bash DATE=$(date +%m%d%y) TIME=$(date +%H%M) DIR="/home/statsetl/input/civil/test" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monasharma13
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Perl script for identifying dupes in column1

Dear all, I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure source word=target word e.g. book=livre Since the database is very large in spite of all the care taken, it so happens that at times the source word is repeated e.g. book=livre book=tome Since I want to... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify script to remove dupes with two delimiters

Hello, I have a script which removes duplicates in a database with a single delimiter = The script is given below: # script to remove dupes from a row with structure word=word BEGIN{FS="="} {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){a++;}for(i in a){b=b"="i}{sub("=","",b);$0=b;b="";delete a}}1 How do I modify... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported com- pression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZDIFF(1)