Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How do I configure kickstart server to install different images Post 302498808 by hassan1 on Tuesday 22nd of February 2011 01:33:09 PM
Old 02-22-2011
How do I configure kickstart server to install different images

How do I configure kickstart server to install workstation using centos image and other workstation using redhat enterprise image.

I configured my kickstart server to auto install centos 5.3 and it working fine.

However I would like to configure kickstart server, so that workstation with the following IP address range 10.30.1.x to 10.30.60.x to auto-install with a centos image and workstation with IP range of 10.30.65.x to 10.30.220.x with a redhat enterprise 5.6 server image.

Please Note, all workstation are bare without any operating system.

Any help will be well appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to install/configure OpenSSH4.1 on Solaris 10

Hi All, I am New to Open SSH. I need to install OpenSSH on Solaris 10. We tried with Sun-SSH1.1, but not helpful. So, we need to install only OpenSSH. Few questions.. 1. Is OpenSSH-4.1 compatible with Solaris 10? 2. if so, which version do I need to install? is it Portable or OpenBSD? 3.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venusunil
2 Replies

2. Linux

How to install or configure my WiFi?

Hi every body i m new using mandriva 2009 spring linux and i need to cofigure my wifi i have nexx card 54M 8085 it drivers in windows say realtec (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaa1
1 Replies

3. Linux

Kickstart server

Hello everyone, I have problem while configuring kickstart server .i have performed some steps but still i am unable to configure kickstart server on CentOS 5.4. I have performed following steps:- yum install system-config-kickstart mkdir /kickstart mount /dev/cdrom /media cd /media... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan chauhan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not Sure How to Look for Not Used Images On the Server

Hello All: I a website with over 1800 pages in all HTML and I am trying to figure out, what is the best way for me to see when the image files were last accessed. Reason being, I am sure I have images in there that were not deleted when a page was taken offline or whatever and I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmsquillace
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL Kickstart Pre-Install script

Hey all, I'm not sure if this possible but I had tested it out manually during the installation (placed a sleep in the pre-installation) and it worked. I'm trying to have a pexpect script to log into the mysql and input a new row for the pre-installation, which will end up displaying on a web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karljbaker
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

kickstart minimum install with a gui

What are the packages that you need for a kickstart minimum install with a gui? I commented out the packages I don't think I need. Am I right? %packages @admin-tools @base @core #@editors #@fonts @gnome-desktop #@games #@graphical-internet #@graphics @hardware-support @input-methods... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Unix OS with the Kickstart?

I am new to the Kickstart. I have a question: If I have a kickstart script in USB, CentOS CD and a PC without the OS, Can I install the CentOS with the Kickstart script? If I can, How can I identify the location of the kickstart when I boot the computer with the CentOS CD? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thsecmaniac
0 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Configure the AD Window server with Linux server(google Authenticator is installed)

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Prevent kickstart to install image on external LUN

on the HP box , when we try to kickstart , the Linux gets installed on external LUN (Storage) .. so we end up unmapping the LUN and rekick , is there a way to disable the kickstart to ignore the external LUN incase we net boot it again (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
1 Replies
XTSOLgetWorkstationOwner(3XTSOL)		 Trusted Extensions to X Windows Library Functions		  XTSOLgetWorkstationOwner(3XTSOL)

NAME
XTSOLgetWorkstationOwner - get the ownership of the workstation SYNOPSIS
cc [flag...] file... -lX11 -lXtsol [library...] #include <X11/extensions/Xtsol.h> Status XTSOLgetWorkstationOwner(display, uidp); Display *display; uid_t *uidp; PARAMETERS
display Specifies a pointer to the Display structure; returned from XOpenDisplay(). uidp Returns a UID which is the current UID of the specified Display workstation server. Client must provide a pointer to uid_t. DESCRIPTION
The XTSOLgetWorkstationOwner() function retrieves the ownership of the workstation. RETURN VALUES
None. ERRORS
BadAccess Lack of privilege. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +---------------------------+-------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +---------------------------+-------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Committed | +---------------------------+-------------------------------+ |MT-Level | Unsafe | +---------------------------+-------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libXtsol(3LIB), XTSOLsetWorkstationOwner(3XTSOL), attributes(5) Obtaining the X Window Server Workstation Owner ID in Solaris Trusted Extensions Developer's Guide NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the system is configured with Trusted Extensions. SunOS 5.11 20 Jul 2007 XTSOLgetWorkstationOwner(3XTSOL)