Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Storagetek 2540
Special Forums Hardware Storagetek 2540 Post 302498738 by acorradi on Tuesday 22nd of February 2011 10:16:40 AM
Old 02-22-2011
Storagetek 2540

Hello all !

I am a beginner about system and networking , and after some research on internet , i didn't find any relevant information , so i post here , if someone have an experience with this kind of material or if some documentation about how to connect my storage device on my server.

I can give some information :

Server : Sun Firex x4600 with RedHat Entreprise
Storage device : StorageTek 2540

I can ping the StorageTek 2540 ; i can see the space disk and some other informations ... from the Storage Common Array Manager , but i can't use the StorageTek 2540.

Thanks in advance

PS: I don't know if it is the good category to post it. I'm sorry

Last edited by acorradi; 02-23-2011 at 03:22 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Sparc T2000 + StorageTek 2540 - Help, I'm lost

I have a Sun Sparc T2000 (Solaris 10 05-08) and have installed a PCI-X 4GB Single Port HBA card in it. I have one StorageTek 2540 array that I would like to connect to the T2000. For the moment it would be a single path connection, but I've ordered a 2nd HBA, so eventually it would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

2. Solaris

One StorageTek 6140 vs Two (2) 2540 's?

We're moving our production 3510FC to development, so we need to replace the production 3510FC. The 6140 is nice, but pricey. Here's the question: Would two 2540's (RAID 10) be 'faster' than one 3510? (RAID 10) and faster than one 6140 (RAID 10)? One StoregeTek 6140 (16x72GB 15k rpm fc-al... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhavelvet
12 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Configure large volume on Sun StorageTek 2540 array

Hi, We have 12x1TB SATA disks in our array and I need to create 10TB volume. I defined new storage profile on array and when I tried to add volume, I faced with ~2TB limit for new volumes. I didn't find how to set another limit on my storage profile. Is there is a way to configure one large... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun StorageTek 2540 - shutdown matrix

Hi, I have a simple question on how to correctly disable the matrix? Looking for the Common Array Manager and I do not see this option... Thank for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Storagetek 2540

Hi peeps, Was wondering if anyone can help me, got a couple of storagetek 2540's that I need to configure. Trouble is I think they were brought as second user as all that came with them was cables. Does anyone know how to configure them (i.e. create raid sets and map to Luns and present... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: callmebob
1 Replies

6. Hardware

StorageTek 2540 battery failed

Hi all, My Sun StorageTek 2540 have redundant batteries, but a battery was failed. # /opt/SUNWstkcam/bin/sscs list -d MyStorage1 fru Name FRU Alarm State Status Revision Unique Id -------------------------- ----------- --------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buyantugs
2 Replies

7. Hardware

Storagetek 2540

Hi Guys and Gals, Wionder if you could help me, got a problem with a controller on a storagetek 2540, dead when fully powered up but if you reboot, it is ok for a couple of seconds (and you can ping it). Then once the array is fully up, it goes faulty and is un-pingable. Had anyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
4 Replies

8. Solaris

StorageTek 2540 SAN array

Bought a Sun StorageTek 2540 SAN array a few years ago from a company that was going out of business. When we first set it up, we were able to get all the software (Common Array Manager) and firmware directly from Sun. We just upgraded the drives, but the array is too large for the firmware. Now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: edison303
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Server M4000 server lost connectivity to storagetek 2540

Hi Guys, I have situation here ... server M4000 server lost connectivity to storagetek 2540 , storagetek 2540 unable to be ping.From DAS URL the storage is undetected. Any idea why this is happening. Please share. Thank you. Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muralirajah
1 Replies
snmptranslate(1m)														 snmptranslate(1m)

NAME
snmptranslate - translate SNMP OID values into a more useful form SYNOPSIS
/usr/sfw/bin/snmptranslate [-D token...] [-h] [-m miblist] [-M dirlist] [-T transopts] [common options] OID [OID...] snmptranslate is an application that translates one or more SNMP object identifier values from their symbolic (text) forms into their numerical forms or vice-versa. OID is either a numeric or text object identifier. The following options are supported: -D token[,...] Turn on debugging output for the specified token(s). Use ALL for extremely verbose output. -h Display a brief usage message and then exit. -m miblist Specifies a colon-separated list of MIB modules to load for this application. This overrides the environment variable MIBS. The special keyword ALL is used to specify all modules in all directories when searching for MIB files. Every file whose name does not begin with "." is parsed as if it were a MIB file. -M dirlist Specifies a colon-separated list of directories to search for MIBs. This overrides the environment variable MIBDIRS. -T transopts Provides control over the translation of the OID values. The following transopts are available: -Td Display full details of the specified OID. -Tp Display a graphical tree, rooted at the specified OID. -Ta Dump the loaded MIB in a trivial form. -Tl Dump a labeled form of all objects. -To Dump a numeric form of all objects. -Ts Dump a symbolic form of all objects. -Tt Dump a tree form of the loaded MIBs (mostly useful for debugging). -V Display version information for the application and then exit. -w width Specifies the width of -Tp and -Td output. The default is very large. In addition to the preceding options, snmptranslate takes the OID input (-I), MIB parsing (-M) and OID output (-O) options described in the INPUT OPTIONS, MIB PARSING OPTIONS and OUTPUT OPTIONS sections of snmpcmd(1M). Example 1: Expanding sysDescr The following command translates sysDescr to a more qualified form: % snmptranslate -On -IR sysDescr .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1 The following command does further translation of sysDescr: % snmptranslate -Onf -IR sysDescr .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr Again, the following command does further translates sysDescr: % snmptranslate -Td -IR -OS system.sysDescr SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr sysDescr OBJECT-TYPE -- FROM SNMPv2-MIB -- TEXTUAL CONVENTION DisplayString SYNTAX OCTET STRING (0..255) DISPLAY-HINT "255a" MAX-ACCESS read-only STATUS current DESCRIPTION "A textual description of the entity. This value should include the full name and version identification of the system's hardware type, software operating-system, and networking software." ::= { iso(1) org(3) dod(6) internet(1) mgmt(2) mib-2(1) system(1) 1 } Example 2: Displaying a Tree The following command displays the tree shown below: % snmptranslate -Tp -IR -OS system +--system(1) | +-- -R-- String sysDescr(1) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -R-- ObjID sysObjectID(2) +-- -R-- TimeTicks sysUpTime(3) | | | +-- sysUpTimeInstance(0) | +-- -RW- String sysContact(4) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -RW- String sysName(5) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -RW- String sysLocation(6) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -R-- INTEGER sysServices(7) | Range: 0..127 +-- -R-- TimeTicks sysORLastChange(8) | Textual Convention: TimeStamp | +--sysORTable(9) | +--sysOREntry(1) | Index: sysORIndex(1) | +-- ---- INTEGER sysORIndex(1) | Range: 1..2147483647 +-- -R-- ObjID sysORID(2) +-- -R-- String sysORDescr(3) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -R-- TimeTicks sysORUpTime(4) Textual Convention: TimeStamp Example 3: Dumping MIB Contents The commands shown below produce the dumps that follow. % snmptranslate -Ta | head dump DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN org ::= { iso 3 } dod ::= { org 6 } internet ::= { dod 1 } directory ::= { internet 1 } mgmt ::= { internet 2 } experimental ::= { internet 3 } private ::= { internet 4 } security ::= { internet 5 } snmpV2 ::= { internet 6 } Here is use of the -Tl option: % snmptranslate -Tl | head .iso(1).org(3) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).directory(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysDescr(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysObjectID(2) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysUpTime(3) Here is the use of the -To option: % snmptranslate -To | head .1.3 .1.3.6 .1.3.6.1 .1.3.6.1.1 .1.3.6.1.2 .1.3.6.1.2.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3 Here is the use of the -Ts option: % snmptranslate -Ts | head .iso.org .iso.org.dod .iso.org.dod.internet .iso.org.dod.internet.directory .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2 .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysObjectID .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysUpTime Here is the use of the -Tt option: % snmptranslate -Tt | head org(3) type=0 dod(6) type=0 internet(1) type=0 directory(1) type=0 mgmt(2) type=0 mib-2(1) type=0 system(1) type=0 sysDescr(1) type=2 tc=4 hint=255a sysObjectID(2) type=1 sysUpTime(3) type=8 0 Successful completion. 1 A usage syntax error. A usage message is displayed. Also used for matching object errors, after which an error message is dis- played. 2 An error occurred while executing the command. An error message is displayed. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsmcmd | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ snmpcmd(1M), snmp_variables(4), attributes(5) 21 Jan 2004 snmptranslate(1m)