Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Not able to generate boot.log. Post 302498564 by pinga123 on Monday 21st of February 2011 10:23:57 PM
Old 02-21-2011
Code:
# who -b
         system boot  2011-02-21 17:37
# lsb_release -a
LSB Version:    :core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch
Distributor ID: EnterpriseEnterpriseServer
Description:    Enterprise Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Carthage)
Release:        5.2
Codename:       Carthage

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify script to generate a log file

I've seen several examples of scripts in thise forum about having a script generate a log file. I have a script that is run from cron and that monitors a file system for a specfic filename(s) and then performs some actions on them. Normally I call this script from another script (which the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Solaris

boot log files

Hello, I am working on a liveupgrade bash-2.05# lustatus Boot Environment Is Active Active Can Copy Name Complete Now On Reboot Delete Status -------------------------- -------- ------ --------- ------ ---------- first_disk ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zafyil
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help generate report from log files

Hi Expert, I have some confusing to generate report from the log file as shown below: filename :test1.log start_time date end_time number code P 000029.621 20070823 000029 12134567890 111111111111 00 0 000 003... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate script perl mail log not work

Dear unix forum members, I'm working on a script that will parse a mail machine's logs and print a list of email addresses in this format: authen@domain.com | sender@domain | recipient@domain exam account1@domain1.com | sender2@domain2.com |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puka
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor log file for a Error and generate the e-mail.

This is my log file and this is live log. Any abnormal error other than following I need to generate the email. Log path : /DER/app/admin/ABC/bdump/erg.log Current log# 2 seq# 103046 mem# 0: /ora2/oradata/ABC/redo02a.log Current log# 2 seq# 103046 mem# 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hishanms
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor log file for a Error and generate the e-mail ( Please help)

This is my log file and this is live log. Any abnormal error other than following I need to generate the email. Log path : /DER/app/admin/ABC/bdump/erg.log Current log# 2 seq# 103046 mem# 0: /ora2/oradata/ABC/redo02a.log Current log# 2 seq# 103046 mem# 1:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hishanms
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a Execution time reports using log files.

Hi Experts, I am having a requirement, where i need to generate a report of the execution time of all the processes. All the processes generate the log files in a log directory and I can get the execution time from the log files. like below is the log file. /home/vikas/log >ls -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_vikash
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to tail -f logfile. if log file is generate every 1 HR.?

Hello, How to tail -f logfile. if log file is gennerate every 1 HR. I want it works automatically all the time. never changes it by manual. Thank ls -trl CybertonTransaction.* -rw-r--r-- 1 autobot robot 617071 Jul 9 00:02 CybertonTransaction.20130709-00.log -rw-r--r-- 1 autobot ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
12 Replies

9. HP-UX

Generate message in syslog.log

Dear Concern, Is there any command to generate message in /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log file in HP-UX. With Best Regards, Kauser (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i make my cron/script to generate a log filename with timestamp in it ?

Hello Friends, I would like my script to display date timestamps in the file name for every script execution. Below is the scenario: (just for testing purpose) I scheduled a cron job, lets say it runs every 5 min and record/logs output in to a log file. 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
BOOT.CONFIG(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    BOOT.CONFIG(5)

NAME
boot.config -- Configuration file for the boot blocks DESCRIPTION
The boot.config file contains options for the FreeBSD boot block code. When the FreeBSD boot loader runs, it searches the ``a'' slice of the boot partition for a boot.config file (as a result, slices which are missing an ``a'' partition require user intervention during the boot process). If the boot.config file is found, its contents are used as the default configuration options for the boot block code and are echoed to the system console. A valid format of this file is to put BIOS drive number, a controller type, a unit number, a partition, a kernel file name, and any other valid boot(8) option on a single line, as it is done at the ``boot:'' prompt. The options related to the boot image selection described below and all the other options available for boot.config are documented in detail in the boot(8) manual page. FILES
/boot.config parameters for the boot blocks (optional) EXAMPLES
The command: # echo "-P" > /boot.config will activate the serial console of FreeBSD. The command: # echo "1:ad(1,a)/boot/loader" > /boot.config will instruct the second stage of boot(8) on the first disk to boot with the third boot(8) stage from the second disk. The command: # echo "1:ad(1,a)/boot/loader -P" > /boot.config will do both of the above. SEE ALSO
boot(8), loader(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Daniel Gerzo <danger@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
May 13, 2007 BSD