Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [awk]compare a number in a string with a list Post 302498519 by sandeepk1611 on Monday 21st of February 2011 03:24:43 PM
Old 02-21-2011
For the current file I have, the output looks like this,

Code:
Filename    Selected Revisions    Number of Authors       Total Lines Added
DebugElement.java     0
DebugEvent.java         2                           1                               3
DebugPlugin.java       16                           3                              158

and so on.
Now, I need another column named Number of Bugfixes, and the number that I count for each file, will be the value there.

So for each file (each record in awk separated by ======), I have to get a count.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare with list in shell script

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. below is my requirement : 1) while running my .sh i will pass a string 2) i have to extract a folder name under a /config folder 3) i need to compare a input string in the folder name list 4) if that is true i have to continue my job else i have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajinavaneethan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk conditional expression to compare field number and variable value

Hi, I'm trying to compare the value in a field to the value in a variable using awk. This works: awk '$7 == "101"'but this is what I want (and it doesn't work): value=101 awk '$7 == "$value"' Any help or insight on this would be great. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare strings between 2 arrays and print number in AWK

Hi to everyone, Please some help over here. Hi have array a with 6 elements and array b with 3 elements as shown inside BEGIN{} statement. I need help to get the correct sintax (the part in red) to compare if string from array b is in array a and print the number related for each match.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare hex number

$ awk 'BEGIN{ pat111=0x1000000002E3E02; snBegin=0x1000000002E3E01; if (pat111<=snBegin) printf "a\n"}' a Result is not correct. Looks like the number is too big. Any idea? Thx! Please use code tags <- click the link! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carloszhang
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if statement to evaluate string and compare

I have the following simplified code that I am planning on putting into a larger shell script. I have been butchering it to try and make work amongst google searches and reading awk documentation. amixer sset Master toggle | awk '{ if ( /^ Front Left/ { print $7 } == // ) print "MUTED" }'I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - how to compare part of the string?

Need help for awk.. file will have comma separated numbers, I need check digits before 10 numbers eg ( 001)1234567890 Basically want to check country code of a mobile number. eg: abc,def,data, data,0011234567890, data,data Script should be checking country code with 001, I will pass... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare using awk - what am I doing wrong?

Hi all, I was doing some string manipulation in my script and wanted to try using awk. However, I have been stuck with string compare. A simplified form of my conundrum is given below: The below prints expected result (prints "Completed because that is the second element"): $ echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: faraway
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass column number as variable to awk and compare with a string.

Hi All, I have a file test.txt. Content of test.txt : 1 vinay se 2 kumar sse 4 kishore tl I am extracting the content of file with below command. awk '$2 ~ "vinay" {print $0}' test.txt Now instead of hardcoding $2 is there any way pass $2 as variable and compare with a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare string length to a number

Hi, I want to compare strings length to a number but i am getting error. I want first name should be length of 8. Please help. #bin !/bin/bash clear echo -n "Enter name " read name IFS=_ ary=($name) for key in "${!ary}"; do echo "$key${ary}"; done ##First name should be equal to 8... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh4U
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Creates a link in /usr/share/maven-repo for an existing jar. SYNOPSIS
mh_linkjar [option]... [pom] [dest_jar] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Create symlinks for a jar installed by other means. The symlinks created include links to the jar in /usr/share/maven-repo, at the correct location for Maven. It can also create additional links to the jar, usually located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [dest_jar] is the path of the installed jar, usually located in the usr/share/java folder. [link] is an additional link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: name of the Debian package which will contain this jar file -e<version>, --set-version=<version>: set the version for the jar, do not use the version declared in the POM file. -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: path to the file containing the rules to apply when cleaning the POM. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules Maven rules are used here to extract the groupId, artifactId and version from the POM file. -l --java-lib: Optional, if given it will install the jar into /usr/share/java to comply with the Debian Java specification. The jar will be installed as /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar and a versionless link /usr/share/java/$name.jar will point to it, as well as the links installed in /usr/share/maven-repo -n<name> --usj-name=<name>: Optional, the name to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the artifact id found in the POM. -j<version> --usj-version=<version>: Optional, the version to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the version found in the POM. -s --no-usj-versionless: Optional, don't install the versionless link in /usr/share/java. This flag is used only when the -l or --java-lib option is given. -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results --skip-clean-pom: don't clean the pom, assume that a previous action ran mh_cleanpom with the correct options. mh_cleanpom is run only to extract the groupId, artifactId and version of the jar Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)