Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [awk]compare a number in a string with a list Post 302498517 by radoulov on Monday 21st of February 2011 03:19:08 PM
Old 02-21-2011
OK,
could you please specify the pattern? How exactly the lines you're interested in look like?
Where in your sample above is the commit data?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare with list in shell script

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. below is my requirement : 1) while running my .sh i will pass a string 2) i have to extract a folder name under a /config folder 3) i need to compare a input string in the folder name list 4) if that is true i have to continue my job else i have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajinavaneethan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk conditional expression to compare field number and variable value

Hi, I'm trying to compare the value in a field to the value in a variable using awk. This works: awk '$7 == "101"'but this is what I want (and it doesn't work): value=101 awk '$7 == "$value"' Any help or insight on this would be great. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare strings between 2 arrays and print number in AWK

Hi to everyone, Please some help over here. Hi have array a with 6 elements and array b with 3 elements as shown inside BEGIN{} statement. I need help to get the correct sintax (the part in red) to compare if string from array b is in array a and print the number related for each match.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare hex number

$ awk 'BEGIN{ pat111=0x1000000002E3E02; snBegin=0x1000000002E3E01; if (pat111<=snBegin) printf "a\n"}' a Result is not correct. Looks like the number is too big. Any idea? Thx! Please use code tags <- click the link! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carloszhang
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if statement to evaluate string and compare

I have the following simplified code that I am planning on putting into a larger shell script. I have been butchering it to try and make work amongst google searches and reading awk documentation. amixer sset Master toggle | awk '{ if ( /^ Front Left/ { print $7 } == // ) print "MUTED" }'I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - how to compare part of the string?

Need help for awk.. file will have comma separated numbers, I need check digits before 10 numbers eg ( 001)1234567890 Basically want to check country code of a mobile number. eg: abc,def,data, data,0011234567890, data,data Script should be checking country code with 001, I will pass... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare using awk - what am I doing wrong?

Hi all, I was doing some string manipulation in my script and wanted to try using awk. However, I have been stuck with string compare. A simplified form of my conundrum is given below: The below prints expected result (prints "Completed because that is the second element"): $ echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: faraway
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass column number as variable to awk and compare with a string.

Hi All, I have a file test.txt. Content of test.txt : 1 vinay se 2 kumar sse 4 kishore tl I am extracting the content of file with below command. awk '$2 ~ "vinay" {print $0}' test.txt Now instead of hardcoding $2 is there any way pass $2 as variable and compare with a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare string length to a number

Hi, I want to compare strings length to a number but i am getting error. I want first name should be length of 8. Please help. #bin !/bin/bash clear echo -n "Enter name " read name IFS=_ ary=($name) for key in "${!ary}"; do echo "$key${ary}"; done ##First name should be equal to 8... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh4U
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies