Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [awk]compare a number in a string with a list Post 302498512 by sandeepk1611 on Monday 21st of February 2011 03:11:25 PM
Old 02-21-2011
Hi Radoulov,

I want to actually increment a counter everytime I get a match. The final count value is what I need. So every time I see a number in the commit message, I will compare with the list. If the number is present, count++ and then finally output count.

Thanks,
Sandeep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare with list in shell script

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. below is my requirement : 1) while running my .sh i will pass a string 2) i have to extract a folder name under a /config folder 3) i need to compare a input string in the folder name list 4) if that is true i have to continue my job else i have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajinavaneethan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk conditional expression to compare field number and variable value

Hi, I'm trying to compare the value in a field to the value in a variable using awk. This works: awk '$7 == "101"'but this is what I want (and it doesn't work): value=101 awk '$7 == "$value"' Any help or insight on this would be great. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare strings between 2 arrays and print number in AWK

Hi to everyone, Please some help over here. Hi have array a with 6 elements and array b with 3 elements as shown inside BEGIN{} statement. I need help to get the correct sintax (the part in red) to compare if string from array b is in array a and print the number related for each match.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare hex number

$ awk 'BEGIN{ pat111=0x1000000002E3E02; snBegin=0x1000000002E3E01; if (pat111<=snBegin) printf "a\n"}' a Result is not correct. Looks like the number is too big. Any idea? Thx! Please use code tags <- click the link! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carloszhang
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if statement to evaluate string and compare

I have the following simplified code that I am planning on putting into a larger shell script. I have been butchering it to try and make work amongst google searches and reading awk documentation. amixer sset Master toggle | awk '{ if ( /^ Front Left/ { print $7 } == // ) print "MUTED" }'I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - how to compare part of the string?

Need help for awk.. file will have comma separated numbers, I need check digits before 10 numbers eg ( 001)1234567890 Basically want to check country code of a mobile number. eg: abc,def,data, data,0011234567890, data,data Script should be checking country code with 001, I will pass... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare using awk - what am I doing wrong?

Hi all, I was doing some string manipulation in my script and wanted to try using awk. However, I have been stuck with string compare. A simplified form of my conundrum is given below: The below prints expected result (prints "Completed because that is the second element"): $ echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: faraway
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass column number as variable to awk and compare with a string.

Hi All, I have a file test.txt. Content of test.txt : 1 vinay se 2 kumar sse 4 kishore tl I am extracting the content of file with below command. awk '$2 ~ "vinay" {print $0}' test.txt Now instead of hardcoding $2 is there any way pass $2 as variable and compare with a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare string length to a number

Hi, I want to compare strings length to a number but i am getting error. I want first name should be length of 8. Please help. #bin !/bin/bash clear echo -n "Enter name " read name IFS=_ ary=($name) for key in "${!ary}"; do echo "$key${ary}"; done ##First name should be equal to 8... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh4U
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
ost::Counter< T >(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      ost::Counter< T >(3)

NAME
ost::Counter< T > - The counter template is used for generic objects which act as automatic counters. SYNOPSIS
#include <counter.h> Public Member Functions Counter () Construct and initialize a counter to zero. Counter (const Counter &counter) Construct a counter with an initial value set for another counter. Counter (T initial) Construct a counter with an initial value of the specified data type. T & operator= (T c) operator T () Protected Attributes T count Detailed Description template<typename T>class ost::Counter< T > The counter template is used for generic objects which act as automatic counters. Each time the object is accessed, the underlying counted data type is incremented. Author: David Sugar dyfet@gnutelephony.org Automatic counter template class. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation template<typename T > ost::Counter< T >::Counter () [inline] Construct and initialize a counter to zero. References ost::Counter< T >::count. template<typename T > ost::Counter< T >::Counter (const Counter< T > &counter) [inline] Construct a counter with an initial value set for another counter. Parameters: counter to copy from. References ost::Counter< T >::count. template<typename T > ost::Counter< T >::Counter (Tinitial) [inline] Construct a counter with an initial value of the specified data type. Parameters: initial value to set. References ost::Counter< T >::count. Member Function Documentation template<typename T > ost::Counter< T >::operator T () [inline] References ost::Counter< T >::count. template<typename T > T& ost::Counter< T >::operator= (Tc) [inline] Member Data Documentation template<typename T > T ost::Counter< T >::count [protected] Referenced by ost::Counter< T >::Counter(), and ost::Counter< T >::operator T(). Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for GNU CommonC++ from the source code. GNU CommonC++ Sat Jun 23 2012 ost::Counter< T >(3)