Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron job not executing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron job not executing Post 302498364 by kalyankalyan on Monday 21st of February 2011 06:47:42 AM
Old 02-21-2011
Cron job not executing

I need to add 10 records to database from a file /tmp/authlist.log(contains insert into table sql commands)

When i execute the following script manually its executing and working fine.
the same is not getting executed when i try to execute using crontab

PHP Code:
vi /tmp/test1.sh

#!/bin/sh
logfile=/tmp/authlist.log
mysqlauth
=/tmp/mysqlauth.log
rm 
-rf $mysqlauth 1> /dev/null 2>&1
touch $mysqlauth
head 
-5 $logfile $mysqlauth
#sed -i '1,5d' $logfile > logfile
exec $mysqlauth
while read line
do
mysql -uroot -ppassword kalyan -"$line"
done 

PHP Code:
crontab --u root
42 3 
* * * root /tmp/test1.sh 
PHP Code:
[root@localhost ~]# crontab -l -u root
42 3 * * * root /tmp/test1.sh 
Please let me know where i have committed mistake

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a cron

Hi Gurus I have a requirement to execute a cron job every 30 min until 8pm in the night and again start at 8 am in the morning. How would I add the cron entry for this requirements. all inputs are appreciated. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON usage for CRON job

can anybody explain the usage of CRON for adding a cron job. please provide an example also for better understanding !!! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

3. Solaris

cron job starts new cron proccess

I run cron in solaris 10 zone. One cron job which syncing files to nfs mounted on container, creates after finishing another cron proccess(/usr/sbin/cron), and after 100 existing cron proccesses next cron job will not start. It's too weird for me, I'm not able to solve this problem. Theoretically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron76
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with executing command inside a cron job

Hi All, I have scheduled a script in cron which writes output to the below file. ....>> /data/Target/wrapper_invoke_ds_job_`date '+%Y%m%d'`.ksh_out 2>&1 But the date command is not getting resolved in the format specified. It just resolves to the following. wrapper_invoke_MQ_ds_job_Tue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nohup - sub job in script not executing until I exit

My job is launched using this command: I'm at home and having VPN drops so I used nohup and background. nohup perf_mon -c rating_4_multi,cfg & The main script is PID 26119, and the sub task under it is 26118 which is not running - just sits there. 26119 runs forever but nothing else runs. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ido1957
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing python scripts via cron job

Hi, I'm executing a python script via cron job. The way it is set up is, I'm editing a file called local00 22 * * * root su - -c "/opt/setup_dir/bin/run_bkp -p" When this job executes, the command-specific logfile and the syslog (where the logs are supposed to go) show half of the logs(no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwini.engr07
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commented cron job -- cron monitoring

Hi I have a requirement to write a shell script,that will check the all commented job in cron job.Please help !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing a job with file success

Hello All, I have a scenario where I need suggestion I am creating a file watcher job on autosys and and command job to do a SCP a file from one server to another. My file watcher will get success once the file get receive. The file I am receiving a zip file. THe command job which I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies