Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to enable hba port of a two port hba card Post 302498282 by oky on Monday 21st of February 2011 12:51:54 AM
Old 02-21-2011
Does the HBA is recognized in the OS.
if you are not sure, prtdiag -v and grep for version in /var/adm/messages, then check the fcinfo hba-port

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

HBA Card

Hello...I got a problem here. I have HBAs installed in one of the domains in E20 and I gotta find out the brand and firmware. But when I do a prtconf, I cannot see the HBA. For other servers installed with HBAs, when I do prtconf on them I can see either qlc or em. Can you guys enlighten me how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
5 Replies

2. AIX

Need HBA card driver

Hi All, SUN emulex HBA card has been installed on P520 box. When i run the cfgmgr i am getting the following message. lpar2#cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

4GB Dual Port HBA

I have one 4GB, dual port HBA. Is each port rated for 4GB, or is it the whole HBA rated for 4GB? Also, how do I determine which is port0 / port1 with "lscfg -vl fcs0" command. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10. fcinfo hba-port shows adapter not Found

I understand that fcinfo hba-port should show information(WWN, HBA vendor, etc..) but my result show "No adapter found". If I used grep -i 'version' /var/adm/messages* then I see my installed HBA (QLogic FCode at 2.00.09).. I am wondering why and what I had failed to install? Thanks in advance.... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y4Net
23 Replies

5. Solaris

Few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command

Hi Gurus I need to know few things related to HBA port & fcinfo command I have a server where there are 4 HBA ports cards are their. Out of 4 ports 2 are in use & 2 are not in use when I check it physicall. Now I want to know the command through which I can get information about all above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
6 Replies

6. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Which FC HBA card support Solaris9

I have JNI FCE-6460-N fc card , it is detected in OK prompt.....I connected Sun StorEDGE A5000 FC storage. in OK prompt, PROBE-SCSI-ALL showing A5000 fc hdds details in ok prompt..... but in OS level.....not showing the hdd, i tried in DEVFSADM command and FORMAT command not showing A5000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anysystem
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

HBA card faulty

Hi, How to determine if HBA card in getting faulty from linux host ? any pointers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10: how to disable an unused HBA card

Dear all, I have a new Oracle Blade X4-2B server, running Solaris 10. The server comes with a HBA card that will not be used now. It has not fibers connected to it. As a consequence, its leds never stop flashing. My question is: how to disable this HBA card, without removing it physically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gus1971
2 Replies
hba.conf(4)															       hba.conf(4)

NAME
hba.conf - configuration file for the HBAAPI library The /etc/hba.conf file is used to specify the Vendor-Specific Libraries that are installed on the system. This file is used by the Common Library to load the individual VSLs when HBA_LoadLibrary(3HBAAPI) is called. If changes are made to the file while the library is in use, the library should be freed and reloaded. A version 1 VSL is compatible only with a version 1 Common Library. A version 2 VSL is compatible with both a version 1 and a version 2 Common Library. Each VSL entry is a single line of the form: "name" "library path" where: name is the description of library. The library name should be prepended with the domain of the manufacturer of the library. library path is the absolute path to the shared object library file. Example 1: Contents of /etc/hba.conf # # This file contains names and references to HBA libraries # # Format: # # <library name> <library pathname> # # The library name should be prepended with the domain of # the manufacturer or driver author. com.sun.fchba32 /usr/lib/libsun_fc.so.1 com.sun.fchba64 /usr/lib/sparcv9/libsun_fc.so.1 See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ HBA_LoadLibrary(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) The HBAAPI is provided in both 32- and 64-bit versions, but only one configuration file is specified. As a result, both 32- and 64-bit VSL libraries must be specified within the same file. When using the 32-bit Common Library, the 64-bit VSLs will fail to load. When using the 64-bit Common Library, the 32-bit VSLs will fail to load. These failures are silently ignored by the Common Library during normal usage, but can result in warning messages when running client applications in a debugger. 4 Sep 2003 hba.conf(4)