Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix Script to email grepped results Post 302498268 by DC Slick on Sunday 20th of February 2011 11:50:17 PM
Old 02-21-2011
yea you gotta keep to the if/then or if/then/else...syntax. You need to specify what to do in the event the test (if) is true or false. Human speak: If something evaluates to true or false then do something in that event 'or else do something different'. If must be terminated by fi. If in fi out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need a unix script to let me know by email or pager when the filesystem is 80% full.

Does anyone have a script to check disk space usage. My backup directory keeps filling up with archivelog files and I need a script to let me know by email or pager when the filesystem is 80% full. Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jzjy0r
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email from KSH unix script.

Hi Need guidance on including code to mail a couple of files atached with some subject and mail body !!.. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks! Thanks, Mary. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending find command results to email

This is probably simple so forgive me... I just want to find all files in a folder created within the last 10 minutes... This is easy: # find /home/folder -cmin -10 If the find command locates any files created in the last ten minutes I want it to send an email alert. I just want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gardellap
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sql query results in unix shell script

Hi I want to get the a field from a SQL query into unix shell script variable. the whole situation is like this. 1. Opened a cursor to a table in DB2 databse. 2. Fetching individual rows with the help of cursor. 3. Each row has 4 fields. I want each of the field in individual shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to automate email alert

Hi all, I have a task on my plate which is of high priority. I need an automated email alert that checks FTP notices subdirectory on a daily basis and forwards any word files to a group of people. This word files gets created whenever there is an issue with FTP connectivity. Please help...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emailing results of a pl sql procedure from UNIX shell script

Hello All, I am writing the below unix script to email the result of a small pl sql procedure: #!/bin/bash ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/orcts/product/9.2.0; export ORACLE_HOME SQLPLUS=$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus sqlplus -s user/pass@Db_instance<<EOF set echo off set feedback off set pages 0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bunty bedi
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script for consolidated email

Hi, I am working on the below script to get a disk usage report in email from multiple unix systems but the problem I am getting first email with 1 system and second email with 2 systems and finally third email with all 3 systems :) Can someone please let me know how I can get single email... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2prog
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Postgre Query results as Email HTML table

Hello, I'm trying to send email from Greenplum query results as HTML table with status Red/Green Select Server, Last_Date from Table; Results Server, Last_Date Prod, 2018-04-09 Final email Output in HTML format Server Status LastDate Prod GREEN(BOX) 2018-04-09 (if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing of UNIX script using email

Dear Unix Leads, can you please let me know is it possible to execute a shell script in UNIX machine sending an email from outlook or gmail ? or is it possible to generate a token file in UNIX by sending email which we can indirectly use to trigger script your response on this is highly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
5 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)