Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix Script to email grepped results Post 302498265 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 20th of February 2011 11:19:58 PM
Old 02-21-2011
Unexpected EOF is because it's looking for a then to match the if statement.

Try this (changes in green)
Code:
#/bin/bash
/bin/grep -i 'invite sip' /var/log/asterisk/full 
if [ $? -eq 0 ] 
then
    echo "found" | mail -s 'invite sip' mail@gmail.com
fi

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need a unix script to let me know by email or pager when the filesystem is 80% full.

Does anyone have a script to check disk space usage. My backup directory keeps filling up with archivelog files and I need a script to let me know by email or pager when the filesystem is 80% full. Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jzjy0r
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email from KSH unix script.

Hi Need guidance on including code to mail a couple of files atached with some subject and mail body !!.. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks! Thanks, Mary. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending find command results to email

This is probably simple so forgive me... I just want to find all files in a folder created within the last 10 minutes... This is easy: # find /home/folder -cmin -10 If the find command locates any files created in the last ten minutes I want it to send an email alert. I just want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gardellap
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sql query results in unix shell script

Hi I want to get the a field from a SQL query into unix shell script variable. the whole situation is like this. 1. Opened a cursor to a table in DB2 databse. 2. Fetching individual rows with the help of cursor. 3. Each row has 4 fields. I want each of the field in individual shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to automate email alert

Hi all, I have a task on my plate which is of high priority. I need an automated email alert that checks FTP notices subdirectory on a daily basis and forwards any word files to a group of people. This word files gets created whenever there is an issue with FTP connectivity. Please help...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emailing results of a pl sql procedure from UNIX shell script

Hello All, I am writing the below unix script to email the result of a small pl sql procedure: #!/bin/bash ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/orcts/product/9.2.0; export ORACLE_HOME SQLPLUS=$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus sqlplus -s user/pass@Db_instance<<EOF set echo off set feedback off set pages 0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bunty bedi
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script for consolidated email

Hi, I am working on the below script to get a disk usage report in email from multiple unix systems but the problem I am getting first email with 1 system and second email with 2 systems and finally third email with all 3 systems :) Can someone please let me know how I can get single email... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2prog
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Postgre Query results as Email HTML table

Hello, I'm trying to send email from Greenplum query results as HTML table with status Red/Green Select Server, Last_Date from Table; Results Server, Last_Date Prod, 2018-04-09 Final email Output in HTML format Server Status LastDate Prod GREEN(BOX) 2018-04-09 (if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing of UNIX script using email

Dear Unix Leads, can you please let me know is it possible to execute a shell script in UNIX machine sending an email from outlook or gmail ? or is it possible to generate a token file in UNIX by sending email which we can indirectly use to trigger script your response on this is highly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)