Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: messed up path
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers messed up path Post 302498173 by rdcwayx on Sunday 20th of February 2011 05:59:06 AM
Old 02-20-2011
Code:
PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:$PATH
export PATH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Messed up tar files

I created tar files for directories using this command: tar -cvf * >tarfile what happened was I got a file tarfile with a list of the files and it took the first file in each directory and overwrote it with the actual tar file. I've been trying to figure out since yesterday what I did... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I think I have messed up with crontab

Hi Guy, In my system there were some cronjob were already scheduled. and somehow I want to enter one new cronjob with crontab. So I isssue crontab temp.txt. it scheduled that job but now it's showing me only this job with crontab -l. but I can not see the old cronjob list that already set up.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalpatel03
2 Replies

3. AIX

Totally messed up

I have moved the etc/passwd file and we are now unable to get in to Unix - any suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbagwell
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't loging because .basrc file messed up

Dear Friends, I have messed up with my .bashrc file (something I have deleted) and now i can't login back to system.. any Idea.. I can do login with other login and password.. but I dont have root password because of security reason... If I ask root then It will take about 4 -5 days to go... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umeshjaviya
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Messed up my boot environment or root profile

Ok, a couple weeks ago I was fixing a cron report about perl not happy with 'locale' info (LANG and LC not set). As a result, I was experimenting with setting the correct 'locale' in several areas (like /etc/sysconfig/i18n and who knows where). Somehow after a reboot, as soon as the OS starts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garball
3 Replies

6. Linux

history timestamp is messed up

Hi, Just wanted to know if anyone else has noted that the time-stamp in the history is all out of whack.:eek: I've Ubuntu, all patched, and when I ran history, it showed me commands that I ran few weeks ago with today's date. Is this normal? Here is a snippet: .... 85 2010-06-09 09:03:31... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
6 Replies

7. AIX

Oracle ASM accidentally messed with my hdisk

I have AIX 5.3 with oracle 10g ( test server). While trying to create RAW disk for Oracle ASM I have accidentally messed with rootvg (hdisk0 & hdisk1) When I do # lspv hdisk0 0516-066 : Physical volume is not a volume group member. Check the physical volume name specified. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: George_Samaan
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

txt file gets messed up during transfer from my Desktop

Hi, I am working off of a MacBook Pro OSx 10.5.8. I have a tab deliminted text file on my desktop that I created in excel. It has 4 columns and 20,000 rows. When I scroll down it in excel, everything lines up perfectly, and is where it is supposed to be. After copying it into my terminal... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lrae
6 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Messed up password

I am unable to change my password even in root (recovery mode), or to unlock it. I can still access my account, but without password protection. In GUI Administrator account 'disabled' is displayed. This is what I have done so far: In root:#usermod -U roy usermod:cannot lock /etc/passwd;... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
9 Replies

10. HP-UX

Ignite-UX INDEX file messed up, how to recreate?

OK, so I just messed myself up. Thinking the /var/opt/ignite/data/INDEX files was static, I manually edited the file and added 2 more OS's to it. During an Install it only showed the first OS (started with 11.31, 3 versions then added a 11.23, and a 11.11 stanza's). The 11.23 and 11.11 never... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
2 Replies
SYSTEMD.ENVIRONMENT-GENERATOR(7)                           systemd.environment-generator                          SYSTEMD.ENVIRONMENT-GENERATOR(7)

NAME
systemd.environment-generator - systemd environment file generators SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-environment-generators/some-generator /usr/lib/systemd/user-environment-generators/some-generator /run/systemd/system-environment-generators/* /etc/systemd/system-environment-generators/* /usr/local/lib/systemd/system-environment-generators/* /lib/systemd/system-environment-generators/* /run/systemd/user-environment-generators/* /etc/systemd/user-environment-generators/* /usr/local/lib/systemd/user-environment-generators/* /usr/lib/systemd/user-environment-generators/* DESCRIPTION
Generators are small executables that live in /lib/systemd/system-environment-generators/ and other directories listed above. systemd(1) will execute those binaries very early at the startup of each manager and at configuration reload time, before running the generators described in systemd.generator(7) and before starting any units. Environment generators can override the environment that the manager exports to services and other processes. Generators are loaded from a set of paths determined during compilation, as listed above. System and user environment generators are loaded from directories with names ending in system-environment-generators/ and user-environment-generators/, respectively. Generators found in directories listed earlier override the ones with the same name in directories lower in the list. A symlink to /dev/null or an empty file can be used to mask a generator, thereby preventing it from running. Please note that the order of the two directories with the highest priority is reversed with respect to the unit load path, and generators in /run overwrite those in /etc. After installing new generators or updating the configuration, systemctl daemon-reload may be executed. This will re-run all generators, updating environment configuration. It will be used for any services that are started subsequently. Environment file generators are executed similarly to unit file generators described in systemd.generator(7), with the following differences: o Generators are executed sequentially in the alphanumerical order of the final component of their name. The output of each generator output is immediately parsed and used to update the environment for generators that run after that. Thus, later generators can use and/or modify the output of earlier generators. o Generators are run by every manager instance, their output can be different for each user. It is recommended to use numerical prefixes for generator names to simplify ordering. EXAMPLES
Example 1. A simple generator that extends an environment variable if a directory exists in the file system # 50-xdg-data-dirs.sh #!/bin/bash # set the default value XDG_DATA_DIRS="${XDG_DATA_DIRS:-/usr/local/share/:/usr/share}" # add a directory if it exists if [[ -d /opt/foo/share ]]; then XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/foo/share:${XDG_DATA_DIRS} fi # write our output echo XDG_DATA_DIRS=$XDG_DATA_DIRS Example 2. A more complicated generator which reads existing configuration and mutates one variable # 90-rearrange-path.py #!/usr/bin/env python3 """ Proof-of-concept systemd environment generator that makes sure that bin dirs are always after matching sbin dirs in the path. (Changes /sbin:/bin:/foo/bar to /bin:/sbin:/foo/bar.) This generator shows how to override the configuration possibly created by earlier generators. It would be easier to write in bash, but let's have it in Python just to prove that we can, and to serve as a template for more interesting generators. """ import os import pathlib def rearrange_bin_sbin(path): """Make sure any pair of .../bin, .../sbin directories is in this order >>> rearrange_bin_sbin('/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin') '/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin' """ items = [pathlib.Path(p) for p in path.split(':')] for i in range(len(items)): if 'sbin' in items[i].parts: ind = items[i].parts.index('sbin') bin = pathlib.Path(*items[i].parts[:ind], 'bin', *items[i].parts[ind+1:]) if bin in items[i+1:]: j = i + 1 + items[i+1:].index(bin) items[i], items[j] = items[j], items[i] return ':'.join(p.as_posix() for p in items) if __name__ == '__main__': path = os.environ['PATH'] # This should be always set. # If it's not, we'll just crash, we is OK too. new = rearrange_bin_sbin(path) if new != path: print('PATH={}'.format(new)) Example 3. Debugging a generator SYSTEMD_LOG_LEVEL=debug VAR_A=something VAR_B="something else" /lib/systemd/system-environment-generators/path-to-generator SEE ALSO
systemd-environment-d-generator(8), systemd.generator(7), systemd(1), systemctl(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD.ENVIRONMENT-GENERATOR(7)