Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to split numeric value into hours:minutes:seconds Post 302498083 by birei on Saturday 19th of February 2011 07:18:26 AM
Old 02-19-2011
Hi,

Can you use 'perl'? Test this script. The last number is your input parameter (14322 in my example).
Code:
$ perl -Minteger -e '$a=$ARGV[0]; while ($a > 100) { push @time, $a % 100; $a /= 100; }; push @time, $a; push @time, "0" while @time < 3; printf "%01d:%02d:%02d\n", reverse @time;' 14322

Regards,
Birei
This User Gave Thanks to birei For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to display time in minutes n seconds...

Hi all, may i know how to display time in minutes and seconds(may be milliseconds and even smaller that ) in shell scripts.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab every 2 minutes, 24 hours and once a week

can someone please check my answers for the crontabs I am making 1. how would I set up a crontab tab executes every 2 minutes each and every day of the week? answer: 2 * * * * /path/to/file.pl <-- is this correct? 2. how would I set up a crontab that executes every 24 hours at 2am?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobafart
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference in day-hours-minutes-seconds format

Hi experts, I am reading two log files and passing dates as output to a txt file. Code is given below: echo "Start Time:" >> Report.txt cat start.log | while read LINE1 do echo $DATE1 >> Report.txt done echo "End Time:" >> Report.txt cat end.log | while read LINE2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take action only if a file is X hours (or seconds) old

shell: #!/bin/ash I searched and found a few relevant posts (here and here - both by porter, on the same day (?)) however both are just a do while loop, I need to check a file date and compare it to the current time. I would like it to say if file 'test' is more than 12 hours old than "right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phdeez
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job for every five minutes and between hours

Hi I need to run a script every five minutes and it should run between 07-15 hours all days. How i can achieve this... i tried like this */5 07-15 * * * /scripts/CreateFtpData.sh It throws an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process Time in hours or minutes only

Hi i want to print the time of a process in hours only..(or) in minutes only.Is there anyway to print the process such like that when i give the commnand like following #ps -eo pid,time PID TIME 412 01:49:32 481 00:03 it shows in HH:MM:SS format: Could anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add or Subtract the hours,minutes or seconds in the the time variable

Hello All, I am working on script where I need to add hours,minutes or seconds in the time.Time is not the current but it could be future time.I thought I can store that time in variable and add hours.minutes or second but I am not able to add that in the time that is stores in a variable. Time... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting seconds to minutes

Hello everyone, I calculate in my bash script the different between two timestamps in seconds. The next step would be to get the difference in minutes, and there is my Problem:AnzahlUeberstunden=$(( $(date -d "$JAHR-$MONAT-$TAG $ArbeitEnde" +%s) - $(date -d "$JAHR-$MONAT-$TAG... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chaos_Lord
6 Replies
IO::Digest(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     IO::Digest(3)

NAME
IO::Digest - Calculate digests while reading or writing SYNOPSIS
use IO::Digest; # Get a Digest::MD5 object that takes input while $fh being written or read my $fh; my $iod = IO::Digest->new ($fh, 'MD5'); print $fh "fooo"; print $iod->hexdigest DESCRIPTION
This module allows you to calculate digests while reading or writing file handles. This avoids the case you need to reread the same content to compute the digests after written a file. TEST COVERAGE
----------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ File stmt branch cond sub time total ----------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ blib/lib/IO/Digest.pm 100.0 n/a n/a 100.0 100.0 100.0 Total 100.0 n/a n/a 100.0 100.0 100.0 ----------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004 by Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2013-02-16 IO::Digest(3)