Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting Variables WITHIN For Loop in DOS Command Shell Post 302498021 by methyl on Friday 18th of February 2011 05:30:15 PM
Old 02-18-2011
(Post of .BAT file withdrawn because it does not work as expected).

In case you don't know this, there is extensive help text available at the cmd prompt:
Code:
for /? | more

Its easier to read if you redirect the output to a file an read it with notepad.
Code:
for /? > for_help.txt
notepad for_help.txt

Last edited by methyl; 02-18-2011 at 07:21 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up shell variables

Hi everyone, I am trying to set up the .profile for a user I have just created. In trying to set up the shell variables, I want to make the shell be korn shell (default shell i believe is Borne shell), so, this is what I did: SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh export SHELL Whenl executing the .profile,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rachael
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

while read loop; scope of variables (shell)

If I set a variable within a while-read loop, sometimes it's local to the loop, sometimes it's global, depending on how the loop is set up. I'm testing this on a Debian Lenny system using both bash and dash with the same results. For example: # Pipe command into while-read loop count= ls -1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjd_tech
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop control with two variables in csh shell

Hi All How can i control for loop with two different variables in csh shell Regards Nikhil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nikhilindurkar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting shell variables with ":" syntax

I nedd help on the below highlited one. can any one explain on this,How its work in shell scripting.. then that will be very great full... L_ABCD=${L_DBG:=N} Thanks Muddasas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muddasani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create variables in loop and assign filename after set command?

Hi, does anybody knows how to manage, that the filenames are assigned to a variable in a loop afer getting them with set command in a ksh, like: set B*.txt i=1 c=$# x=$((c+1)) echo "$x" while ] ; do _ftpfile$i="$"$i echo "$_ftpfile$i" i=$((i+1)) done The first echo returns,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spidermike
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Shell Variables to an awk command

Hello, I have two files File1 & File2. File1 76 135 136 200 250 345 .... File2 1 24 1 35 1 36 1 72 .... I want to get all the values form File2 corresponding to the range in File 1 and feed it to a program. Is the code below right? Can I pass shell variables to awk in this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting a variable using variables in a loop

Hi, I am having a bit of trouble with the below code: file=/path/to/file for i in 03 06 07 21; do if ; then eval count$i=`grep -c word $file-$i` fi done Totalcount=0 for i in 03 06 07 21; do if ; then echo $count$i variable not exist; else Tcount=`expr $Tcount + $count$i`; fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brunlea
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert for command from DOS to SHELL

Well, this command has served me quite well under DOS for %%X in (*.txt) do COMMAND however in linux it just outputs: "./install.sh line 1: '%%x': not a valid identifier. Ideas ? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Setting Env Variables

Hello All. Good Afternoon. I need one small help regarding setting of env variables for a particular host by getting it from the DB. For ex : 1. I am using LOCALHOST. 2. When I run a ./hostset.sh it should pick up the Oracle home details from associated DB and set it. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PavanPatil
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP - loop a curl command with different variables from input file

Hi guys! Kind of new to bash scripting and now I'm stuck. I need to curl with these variables: "{ \"nodename\": \"$1\", \"ipaddress\": \"$2\", \"poolname\": \"$3\", \"port\": \"$4\", \"loadbalancer\" : \"$5\" }" and my input_file.txt contains server001 10.10.10.01 serverpool1 80... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yort
4 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    CPANPLUS::Shell(3perl)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell - base class for CPANPLUS shells SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.14.2 2014-09-29 CPANPLUS::Shell(3perl)