Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract the subject from a script which uses mailx Post 302497889 by jacktay on Friday 18th of February 2011 10:36:45 AM
Old 02-18-2011
Hey, can you explain what you are trying to do just a tad bit better. Not sure I completely understand what you are trying to do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract or save attachment of email using mailx

Hi, Could someone help me with 'Extract or save attachment of email using mailx' Thanks, Vijay ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kandati
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx via script

Hi, using mailx, cat file1 | mailx -v -R somebody@org.com -s 'This is subject message' nobody@org.com Problem here is the subject of the email gets truncated after the first space, i.e emails are receving with subject "This" instead of "This is subject message" any idea what is wrong ?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing/including command in mailx subject line

Hi, Is it possible for me to include the results from a command in the subject line? What I am looking to do is get the file count and include it into the subject line as well as the list of files in the body. Example Subject line: Currently 25 files in directory My Code: #!/bin/ksh cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozifer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding date to the subject using mailx

Hi , I want to add date to the subject of the email. I am using mail and used -s "SQL Loader was not able to load enid on `date` due to data error" But it didnt work. can any one help me ?? Thanks Sithara (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sithara
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract a multiline subject from a mail message

I'm trying to extract a subject from a mail message but my subject example has 2 lines. How can I manage to extract it and write a string at the end of it? Consider this example: From: test@domain.com Subject: Re: U =?ISO-8859-1?Q?qu=EA=3F!=3F!=3F!!_wtff_=E7=E3o_=ED=F3?= ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: twisterbr
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx: extract username from a file

Hey guys, I am trying to send email to the usernames listed in a ascii file. I know about the .mailrc file. I want to know if I there is a way to extract the usernames from a file and email them. I tried something like this: mailx -s "subject" '~cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirav4
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content of attachment is displaying along with subject in mailx

Hi All, I want to send the csv to an email address. I have tried the below two approaches. Approach1: Got error -ksh: uuencode: not found $ uuencode test_file.csv test_file.csv | mailx -s "Attaching test" msdc.kiran@gmail.com </usr/home/test_file.csv -ksh: uuencode: not found Approach2:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Variable not displaying in subject line of mailx email

Hi Newbie here with first post. I've got a shell script (ksh) whereby I run a SQL*Plus script and output the results to a file. I then check the output file in an if statement that looks like this: if ]; then export GAPNUM=`awk '{print $4}' $OUTFILE` if ] then mailx -s... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ltzwoman
10 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3)							      OpenSSL							    SSL_CTX_new(3)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 0.9.7a 2001-07-25 SSL_CTX_new(3)