Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RPM implicit dependencies
Operating Systems Linux SuSE RPM implicit dependencies Post 302497864 by pneveu on Friday 18th of February 2011 09:21:23 AM
Old 02-18-2011
Thanks a lot for the information.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Failed dependencies of rpm / how does RPM check for ?

Hey, I've a problem installing a package. rpm -ivh brings the errors: libjvm.so is needed by libverify.so is needed by But I have installed the Java SDK like requested and the files are on the disk. But I have no idea how to find out, why rpm cann't find them. I have also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mod
2 Replies

2. Linux

Converting source rpm to binary rpm

Hi, I need to install an rpm file,but I only have '.src.rpm' version of it. I want to convert it to a binary rpm. so I tried this rpm --rebuild somethin.src.rpm But I am gettin '--rebuild:Invalid option' as output Is there another way to rebuild source rpm.? Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

3. SuSE

How to install .src.rpm ? ( source rpm )

Hi, I have got few RPM's from rpmfind.net ( mainly gcc ). But it seems to be src files instead of the image. so I think we have to build the src files according to target machine using rpmbuild. Can any one help me with 1) Various options of rpm build that have to be taken care 2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

RPM and dependencies OPENSSH

Hello Sorry, I am not to well versed in RHE and I am having some issues. I have doen a cursury look around and could not find an answer. I have 2 RHE4 servers. Both have old versions of OPENSSH along with , server, askpass, askpass-gnome, etc. I cannot upgrade to our new pkg release of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract RPM name from path to .rpm file

It's the end of the day and I just can't get my head around this. I'm trying to extract just the name of the RPM from the path to a .rpm file. So from: /home/me/rpm/RPMS/i386/nagios-our-plugins-1.2-6.i386.rpmI need to extract 'nagios-our-plugins'. I can't get the awk syntax right: awk '{... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

RPM dependencies fail

Hello, I am trying to install krb5-libs-1.4-4.pp-rh73.i386.rpm on my Red Hat 7.X server, however while installing/upgrading it fails due to dependencies. I checked for these dependencies and i already found them on the server. I wonder why it is giving these errors. I tried copying these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunny_a_j
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy?

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy? IE I create an rpm spec file that contains the following if then exit 1 fi My rpm will fail at deployment, but if I do rpm -qa , I can see the rpm in the rpm db (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

8. SuSE

How to get RPM Dependencies/libs

Hi All, I wanted to install an rpm package on two suse 10 systems. It installed successfully on one system but on the other it throws an error like error: Failed dependencies: rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.2-1 is needed by linuxProj-1-1.noarch Now this means that rpnm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirshah
4 Replies

9. AIX

Rpm issue with autoconf-2.63-1.AIX6.1.noarch.rpm

dears i am trying to install the autoconf-2.63-1.aix6.1.noarch.rpm but its shows the below error message . P700_dev/svn/dependencies>rpm -i autoconf-2.63-1.aix6.1.noarch.rpm error: failed dependencies: m4 is needed by autoconf-2.63-1 P700_dev/svn/dependencies> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

RPM failed dependencies

I'm trying to package the latest Oracle JDK (1.7.0_51) into an RPM. Packaging works fine but when i try to install via rpm -Uvh xxx.rpm, i get the following: #sudo rpm -ivh Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64.rpm error: Failed dependencies: libavcodec.so.52()(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asc123321
3 Replies
diskaudit_flush_interval(5)					File Formats Manual				       diskaudit_flush_interval(5)

NAME
diskaudit_flush_interval - determine time interval (in secs) for flushing audit records VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values DESCRIPTION
The tunable controls the periodic interval between two consecutive flushes of audit records buffered in the kernel memory which is bound to a kernel thread. This kernel thread has 64KB of buffer size to hold the audit records, and there can be a maximum of 32 such threads. These kernel threads automatically flush their buffers if the buffers fill up completely, but that might take a long time depending upon the activities in the system. The value of the tunable should be set such that the threads keep cleaning their buffers when they are approximately half full, or are idle for a long time but still holding some data in the buffer. Keeping the tunable value too low will make threads flush too soon and may lead to too many small write operations, thus impacting performance. On the other hand, keeping the value too high might lead to high unflushed memory consumption. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? An administrator with proper privileges can change the value of Restrictions on Changing None. This tunable is dynamic. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? When the system is not processing many audit-related activities. What are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? If the system is generating large numbers of records, and the value is raised, then it can result in a lot of unflushed memory, and might slow down the system. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? When the system is generating a lot of audit records. What are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? If the system is not generating too many records, and the value is lowered, it might lead to a lot of small numbers of writes, which actu- ally only write to buffer cache and not immediately to the physical disk, with the actual write happening later on. This might impact per- formance again. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
audit(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters diskaudit_flush_interval(5)