Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing Multiple Line comments Post 302497771 by Jackuar on Friday 18th of February 2011 03:07:31 AM
Old 02-18-2011
Thank you Scrutinizer...

The main issue of this part...

Code here; /*..... comment starts
Code here; comment ends */

This comment section is not removed...

I get it as

Code here;
Code here; comment ends *

Pls help on this

---------- Post updated at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:25 PM ----------

Thanks Bartus... but still the issue remains as replied to Scrutinizer... Smilie

Last edited by Jackuar; 02-18-2011 at 04:04 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Removing user from multiple groups via command line

Want to know if any, a command line parameter(s) of removing a user from multiple groups without using any ineractive application? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jquizon62
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing comments from file

I'm doing manual way to add and remove "#" on etc/services. Is there anyway I can modify the file using awk or sed or any other program. I use vi to modify /etc/services for enabling telnet , the problem is I don't know how to do it automatically in script. production state: #telnet ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing end of line to merge multiple lines

I'm sure this will be an easy question for you experts out there, but I have been searching the forum and working on this for a couple hours now and can't get it right. I have a very messy data file that I am trying to tidy up - one of the issues is some records are split into multiple lines: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tink
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script, changing all C-comments to C++-comments

I must write a script to change all C++ like comments: // this is a comment to this one /* this is a comment */ How to do it by sed? With file: #include <cstdio> using namespace std; //one // two int main() { printf("Example"); // three }//four the result should be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_hawk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter only comments while reading a file including line break characters.

How do I filter only comments and still keep Line breaks at the end of the line!? This is one of the common tasks we all do,, How can we do this in a right way..!? I try to ignore empty lines and commented lines using following approach. test.sh # \040 --> SPACE character octal... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage return/line feeds on multiple lines

I would like to remove carriage returns/line feeds in a text file, but in a specific cadence: Read first line (Header Line 1), remove cr/lf at the end (replace it with a space ideally); Read the next line (Line of Text 2), leave the cr/lf intact; Read the next line, remove the cr/lf; Read... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomr2012
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing SAS multi line comments in UNIX

i have to remove the commented (/* . . . .*/) part which starts in one line and ends in other.help me with generic code because i have 1000 to 10k lines code which i have to remove. data one; set work.temp; input name age; infile filename; /* dfsdf dsfs sdfdf dsdd sdfsf sdfsf sfs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove multi line and single line comments

Hi, I am trying to remove multi line and single line comments like examples below I have tried this pattern. it works fine for single line comments and multi line comments in a single line only. but this fails when the comments are extended in multiple lines as shown in the comment 2 of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore comments at the end of the each line?

Hi All, I am reading the host file by ignoring the comments and write it to the other file. I am reading with regular expression for IP address. grep -E '^{1,3}\.{1,3}\.{1,3}\.{1,3}' $inputFile | awk '{for(i=2;i<=NF;i++)print $1,$i}' > $DR_HOME/OS/temp After that am reading each host... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage returns from multiple lines in multiple files of different number of columns

Hello Gurus, I have a multiple pipe separated files which have records going over multiple Lines. End of line separator is \n and records going over multiple lines have <CR> as separator. below is example from one file. 1|ABC DEF|100|10 2|PQ RS T|200|20 3| UVWXYZ|300|30 4| GHIJKL|400|40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dJHa
7 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)