Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris mailx/sendmail configuration/set up problem Post 302497635 by aychbee45 on Thursday 17th of February 2011 05:08:59 PM
Old 02-17-2011
Well, your / directory is at 100%, and that's not very good.
/dev/dsk/c0d0s0 4205630 4146189 17385 100% /

I would go to the /var filesystem and start looking what you can remove. Look for large log files in /var/log that have been rolled up or compressed. You have /var/run on it's own partition, but not the entire /var fs, which kinda sucks for this very reason.

You have to be careful, but you have to find what to delete from /var. Perhaps you have a lot of old mail, or logs. I would definitely start in /var/log. Try this:
Code:
find /var/log -size +10000 -exec ls -lh {} \;

That should at least show you stuff that is around 1MB+.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx configuration

I would like to configure mailx on Solaris 8 in order to have the sender address shown at the receiver side in the form: 'user@host.domain' The sender address is currently displayed as 'user@host' Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciccio
2 Replies

2. Solaris

mailx configuration help

Hi, I am just after installing solaris 9 on a test box, an ultra 10.. I want to configure mail.. Is mailx the standard mail program on solaris 9? If so - how do I check the current config settings for this and alter them if necessary? Tks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Problem under mailx/sendmail command

Update: Problem solved with this command: /opt/soc/bin/postfix-setup ================================ Hi, I am trying the following mailx command: sadm@edwardwi-z:/etc$ mailx ewijaya@gmail.com Subject: test foo . . EOT But it gives the following error ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail? Mailx? SMTP?

We require e-mails to come from one of our Solaris 10 boxes ASAP and have found that when using such things as Sendmail and Mailx all the mail goes to a Q that only fires every 15 minutes. We have tried everything we could think of to adjust this to force the Q to go every 1 minute but so far no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set HIGH importance to a mail sent through mailx or sendmail command

I have written a script for sending automated email, reporting the running status of a cron scheduled work. Now, the issue is, my Project Manager wants, the mail should be received with HIGH IMPORTANCE. How can I do that, kindly anybody explain. Thank you so much. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitte_dino
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Configure mailx or sendmail

hi, I would like to configure mailx or sendmail to send out some mails to some users. I tried searching online for the configuration but it was kinda confusing. I thought that posting here might get someone to work with me step by step I tried sending out mail but i did not receive in my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cghcgh
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to sendmail using mailx in linux

how to sendmail to other computer in the same computer lab using mailx? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: help me
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One set of executables but multiple set of configuration

i don't know where to put this question hence it is here. Presently, i have X unix machines which each of them running a set of executables with various unique configurations. i would like to have run multiple set of machines the same set of executeables but each running different... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lchunleo
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris mailx Configuration

Hi, I need to send an output from Solaris to my email address. For example df -h to be sent out from the Solaris. I was wondering how to configure the mailx and smtp configuration to be setup. Has anyone setup before? Thanks. :confused::confused::confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
0 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)