Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Allocating space to ufs /usr by using ZFS in solaris Post 302497546 by navjotmannan on Thursday 17th of February 2011 01:47:34 PM
Old 02-17-2011
Allocating space to ufs /usr by using ZFS in solaris

Hi,

Im currently having my diskspace allocation of my UFS filesystem in solris as 100% for /usr
directory.I have created a zfs pool of 3 gb.I want to allocate space from my zfs pool to /usr so that i can free space in /usr.Please help me it is quiet urgent.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-allocating hard drive space

Hi, Is their an easy way to realloate hard drive space on Solaris 10. For example : /c20td0 10G /space 90 G I would like to move some of the hard-drive space from "/space" and add it to "/c20td0". In Windows this can be easily done using Partition magic, anything similar for UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allocating swap space on solaris 9

Hi, I have a solaris 9-sparc box, which after bouncing is giving swap space related error messages(that swap space is not enough). could it be possible that there was some command issued or setting made before bouncing, which was lost after bouncing? please let me know how i can add swap space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing ZFS on an existing Solaris 10 install (UFS)

Hello, I am new to Solaris so i apologize upfront if my questions seem trivial. I am trying to install a ZFS file system on a Solaris 10 machine with UFS already installed on it. I want to run: # zpool create pool_zfs c0t0d0 then: # zfs create pool_zfs/fs My question is more to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies

4. Linux

Allocating available space to file system

have a VMWARE machine, I have extended it from 20GB to 30GB for Linux box. The linux box shows this for df -hal: Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on -dev-mapper-VolGroup00-LogVol00 19G 5.9G 12G 34% - proc 0 0 0 - -proc sysfs 0 0 0 - -sys devpts 0 0 0 - -dev-pts -dev-sda1 99M 13M... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mackman
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09

Hello All, Good Morning, We are trying to convert the UFS root in to ZFS. Am getting below error. Any one help me out on this ? bash-3.00# zpool list NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT guru 5.95G 483M 5.48G 7% ONLINE - bash-3.00# zpool create rpool c2t10d0p0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

allocating space for samba users

I have installed samba by cmd yup install samba -a and configured my samba server.But i want my samba users to lo-gin from windows users and contain allocated amount of space. plz help me............ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yashwanthguru
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 & 11 ZFS Space Monitoring

Hi Folks! Its been a while since I worked with ZFS but basically, I need to monitor free space for Solaris 10 & 11 systems (with & without zones) I am hoping that any space commands only need to be run from the global zone (to simplify matters) However, I'm not not sure if there are exceptions... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)