Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH X on AIX
Operating Systems AIX SSH X on AIX Post 302497527 by pacorasta on Thursday 17th of February 2011 12:42:47 PM
Old 02-17-2011
SSH X on AIX

Hello everybody, I'm a new member on this forum.
I have a problem on AIX 6. I can't have an X session from my PC to AIX server on any X progrm (putty,bitwise...).
I've enabled X Forwarding with localhost:0 in putty, I've modified /etc/ssh_config and /etc/sshd_config files.
Code:
AllowAgentForwarding yes
AllowTcpForwarding yes
#GatewayPorts no
X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10
X11UseLocalhost yes

But I still have a message:
Code:
MYBKP : / >xclock
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

What can I do else?
Thanks for advance

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use [code] and [/code] tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 02-21-2011 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ssh - Aix

Hi, Can u tell me how to execute a command at remote server using ssh What I need to do is , I have got 5 id files for 5 different remote servers and has to zip files in the remote servers using ssh and zip utility. ssh has been configured on the remote server , and i have got id... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
2 Replies

2. AIX

ssh and scp in aix 4.3.3

I'm using scp to copy files to another company via our 4.3.3 server. I am having transfer problems right at the transfer point in scp. Below are 2 debug outputs showing the bottleneck. The lower level debug preceeds the higher level debug output. It just seems to stop and refuses to transfer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldogbert
0 Replies

3. AIX

SSH on AIX

Dear All please help, when i am connected via telnet to an AIX system and i am trying to connect to another one via SSH then the message that appear "command is not available" and even when i am logging in with root previlage, does AIX not support the use of SSH or what is the problem?? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
4 Replies

4. AIX

SSH on AIX?

It's not there. Is that normal? # man ssh Manual entry for ssh not found or not installed. # ssh ksh: ssh: not found. I need to do a sFTP to another host and I need to do it from my AIX system. Any solutions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

5. AIX

SSH have problem on AIX

When i logged in system by ssh but if failed.It have a warning "connection refused".Can you help me,please,thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iljimae
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to configure SSH in AIX?

Hi I want to configure SSH in AIX, what are the command and step... Please let me know....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
1 Replies

7. AIX

SSH error on AIx after installation

Hello, I am having a new type of error after installation of ssh... I cannot run ssh # oslevel -r 5200-04 #lslpp -l | grep ssh openssh.base.client 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands openssh.base.server 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Server ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

8. AIX

Remove SSH at AIX

hi guys, I have a problem at my ssh, I dont have remove ssh from the my aix system. Command not work. smit remove Give me solutions guys.. thank you.. :D:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
3 Replies

9. AIX

Ssh problem on AIX 5.3

Hello, I have a weird ssh problem from host A to host B. Both hosts A and B running AIX 5.3. if host-A has no ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub & ~/.ssh/id_rsa then it works fine. If I connect from host-A to host-B (as root user) ssh host-B it asks for root password and allows me to get remote root prompt upon... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
0 Replies

10. AIX

AIX ssh timeout

I have to make a command to work when connecting to AIX 7.1 (used by an internal software). I have a linux server L where the following command is runned ssh -t <aix-server-ip> ls For a <non-aix-server-ip> the command runs successfully. For AIX the terminal just gets blocked. ssh connection... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ufo
5 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)