Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH X on AIX
Operating Systems AIX SSH X on AIX Post 302497527 by pacorasta on Thursday 17th of February 2011 12:42:47 PM
Old 02-17-2011
SSH X on AIX

Hello everybody, I'm a new member on this forum.
I have a problem on AIX 6. I can't have an X session from my PC to AIX server on any X progrm (putty,bitwise...).
I've enabled X Forwarding with localhost:0 in putty, I've modified /etc/ssh_config and /etc/sshd_config files.
Code:
AllowAgentForwarding yes
AllowTcpForwarding yes
#GatewayPorts no
X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10
X11UseLocalhost yes

But I still have a message:
Code:
MYBKP : / >xclock
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

What can I do else?
Thanks for advance

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use [code] and [/code] tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 02-21-2011 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ssh - Aix

Hi, Can u tell me how to execute a command at remote server using ssh What I need to do is , I have got 5 id files for 5 different remote servers and has to zip files in the remote servers using ssh and zip utility. ssh has been configured on the remote server , and i have got id... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
2 Replies

2. AIX

ssh and scp in aix 4.3.3

I'm using scp to copy files to another company via our 4.3.3 server. I am having transfer problems right at the transfer point in scp. Below are 2 debug outputs showing the bottleneck. The lower level debug preceeds the higher level debug output. It just seems to stop and refuses to transfer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldogbert
0 Replies

3. AIX

SSH on AIX

Dear All please help, when i am connected via telnet to an AIX system and i am trying to connect to another one via SSH then the message that appear "command is not available" and even when i am logging in with root previlage, does AIX not support the use of SSH or what is the problem?? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
4 Replies

4. AIX

SSH on AIX?

It's not there. Is that normal? # man ssh Manual entry for ssh not found or not installed. # ssh ksh: ssh: not found. I need to do a sFTP to another host and I need to do it from my AIX system. Any solutions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

5. AIX

SSH have problem on AIX

When i logged in system by ssh but if failed.It have a warning "connection refused".Can you help me,please,thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iljimae
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to configure SSH in AIX?

Hi I want to configure SSH in AIX, what are the command and step... Please let me know....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
1 Replies

7. AIX

SSH error on AIx after installation

Hello, I am having a new type of error after installation of ssh... I cannot run ssh # oslevel -r 5200-04 #lslpp -l | grep ssh openssh.base.client 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands openssh.base.server 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Server ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

8. AIX

Remove SSH at AIX

hi guys, I have a problem at my ssh, I dont have remove ssh from the my aix system. Command not work. smit remove Give me solutions guys.. thank you.. :D:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
3 Replies

9. AIX

Ssh problem on AIX 5.3

Hello, I have a weird ssh problem from host A to host B. Both hosts A and B running AIX 5.3. if host-A has no ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub & ~/.ssh/id_rsa then it works fine. If I connect from host-A to host-B (as root user) ssh host-B it asks for root password and allows me to get remote root prompt upon... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
0 Replies

10. AIX

AIX ssh timeout

I have to make a command to work when connecting to AIX 7.1 (used by an internal software). I have a linux server L where the following command is runned ssh -t <aix-server-ip> ls For a <non-aix-server-ip> the command runs successfully. For AIX the terminal just gets blocked. ssh connection... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ufo
5 Replies
libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::porting(User Contributed Perl Documentlibapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::porting(3pm)

NAME
Apache2::porting -- a helper module for mod_perl 1.0 to mod_perl 2.0 porting Synopsis # either add at the very beginning of startup.pl use Apache2::porting; # or httpd.conf PerlModule Apache2::porting # now issue requests and look at the error_log file for hints Description "Apache2::porting" helps to port mod_perl 1.0 code to run under mod_perl 2.0. It doesn't provide any back-compatibility functionality, however it knows to trap methods calls that are no longer in the mod_perl 2.0 API and tell what should be used instead if at all. If you attempts to use mod_perl 2.0 methods without first loading the modules that contain them, it will tell you which modules you need to load. Finally if your code tries to load modules that no longer exist in mod_perl 2.0 it'll also tell you what are the modules that should be used instead. "Apache2::porting" communicates with users via the error_log file. Everytime it traps a problem, it logs the solution (if it finds one) to the error log file. If you use this module coupled with "Apache2::Reload" you will be able to port your applications quickly without needing to restart the server on every modification. It starts to work only when child process start and doesn't work for the code that gets loaded at the server startup. This limitation is explained in the Culprits section. It relies heavily on "ModPerl::MethodLookup". which can also be used manually to lookup things. Culprits "Apache2::porting" uses the "UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD" function to provide its functionality. However it seems to be impossible to create "UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD" at the server startup, Apache segfaults on restart. Therefore it performs the setting of "UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD" only during the child_init phase, when child processes start. As a result it can't help you with things that get preloaded at the server startup. If you know how to resolve this problem, please let us know. To reproduce the problem try to use an earlier phase, e.g. "PerlPostConfigHandler": Apache2::ServerUtil->server->push_handlers(PerlPostConfigHandler => &porting_autoload); META: Though there is a better solution at work, which assigns AUTOLOAD for each class separately, instead of using UNIVERSAL. See the discussion on the dev list (hint: search the archive for EazyLife) See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.14.2 2011-02-08 libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::porting(3pm)