Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming dbx - break on access violations Post 302497504 by achenle on Thursday 17th of February 2011 11:38:49 AM
Old 02-17-2011
What OS?

On Solaris 10 or later, or in multithreaded processes on just about any version of Solaris, probably the easiest way is to set a break in the ___errno() function that's used to return a pointer to each thread's errno variable.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dbx - attach to process, break when crash

Hey everyone, I have a process that is crashing, and I'd like to have some way to see where it crashes. Is this possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I set DBX to break on an Access Violation?

I'm trying to debug a service crash, and would like to break on an access violation - is this possible? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
0 Replies

3. AIX

How to set the break point using dbx?

Hi, I am trying to debug my project using dbx to understand the code and functionality of modules. I compiled all my C files using gcc -g flag to enable the debug option. I was able to get in to the debug mode using dbx. I was able to create breakpoints using stop at line no. "stop at... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't use 'break' command, Can't access 'ok' prompt.

Hi I have A Sun Ultra Enterprise 450 server, it has Solaris installed on it. I have A serial terminal hooked up to it (nullmodem cable plugged into serial port 1 on the box, and the other end plugged into the serial port of A laptop (NEC Versa M300)) The laptop is running Ubuntu 12.04.2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SomeoneTwo
3 Replies
TOMOYO-QUERYD(8)					  System Administration Utilities					  TOMOYO-QUERYD(8)

NAME
tomoyo-queryd - real-time access request management utility for TOMOYO Linux SYNOPSIS
tomoyo-queryd tomoyo-queryd [remote_ip:remote_port] DESCRIPTION
This program detects policy violations that occur in domains set to enforcing mode. The violation is displayed and a number of options are given to either grant or reject this request. Programs are frozen until a response is provided by the administrator. This is useful when upgrading packages on the system, as errors due to changes in permissions can be avoided. Carefully analyze access requests before you grant them, as they could be coming from a compromised process or malicious attacker. Before this program can be invoked, you must register it in /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/manager. After initializing policy, this is usually as simple as rebooting the system. OPTIONS
remote_ip:remote_port Instead of managing local policy violations, manage remote policy via an agent waiting at port remote_port on IP address remote_ip. EXAMPLES
Handle policy violations on the local system tomoyo-queryd Handle policy violations on a remote system tomoyo-queryd 192.168.1.1:10000 BUGS
If you find any bugs, send an email to <tomoyo-users-en@lists.sourceforge.jp>. AUTHORS
Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp> Main author. Jamie Nguyen <jamie@tomoyolinux.co.uk> Documentation and website. SEE ALSO
tomoyo-editpolicy-agent(8), tomoyo-notifyd(8) See <http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp> for more information. tomoyo-tools 2.5.0 2012-04-14 TOMOYO-QUERYD(8)