Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Really strange unix message
Operating Systems AIX Really strange unix message Post 302497437 by t01scra on Thursday 17th of February 2011 07:45:59 AM
Old 02-17-2011
Really strange unix message

We are getting this message on our AIX box. No one knows where its coming from. Where can I find any information on it?

Warning: file system free space is less than 10
file system total size = -2621440
file system available space = 2485160
file system used space = -5106592
file system utilization at 194.801025%

thank you, clint

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

there was a strange character(^M) been added automatically in UNIX

I used Notepad to compile my txt file and then I transferred this file to UNIX. When I use vi to open the file, I found that at the end of each line there was a "^M" character. In the original txt file there was not this character. Why this character would been added automatically in UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jasmine
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange "Unable to load interpreter" message!

Hi all, I run RedHat. Not a long ago it has started to give me message on the screen "Unable to load an interpreter". Just plain message. I checked log files. I havent found anything strange in there. Any suggestions what it might mean and how to get rid of it? Thank you all. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP Unix MC Message Guard

Can somebody please give me a description of MC Service Guard running on HP Unix? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: czinzi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ed strange error message

When I start ed as regular user, following message is displayed: $ed ERROR: tempnam failed: Permission denied $ I think, following error produced in vi when search results from previous error: No previous regular expression Setting TMPDIR variable cause no effect. As root all works... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frenki
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

very strange behaviour on unix server

Hi guys, im encountering some very strange behaviour (intermittently) when visiting my domain. We have a dedicated unix server hosting a number of sites with the problem currently reported on one site. I go to mydomain.com, and am directed to http://www.mydomain.com/?fnf=1 Classified ads... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bolo77
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error message with regex test...

Hi all, I have a script where i need to check the format of a string. finally, i'm waiting a "process name" and 2 numbers separated by a "," string like : "this_is_a_string.txt,1,10 should be ok" string ok : "apache.exe,1,10" string ok : "mysqld,50,0" string not ok : "ap ache,1,10"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fgilain
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Error Message in unix

Hi all......I'm sorry if my english is not that good. Can somebody help me to about this error. I found it in message.log Jan 16 18:22:42 ASM imapd: get_balanced_partition: -- chosen Jan 16 18:22:50 ASM SUNW,UltraSPARC-III+: NOTICE: Corrected system bus (CE) Event detected by CPU1 at TL=0,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: komang
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a strange message when executing the sort command

Dear all, when I issue the command: gunzip -c file.gz |sort the command is executed normally and correctly but a message keeps appearing everytime I run the command: the message: sort: missing NEWLINE added at end of input file STDIN Does anyone know what is the meaning of this message?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marwan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I am getting strange message when run borne shell script

I have a code: if then#{ process daily files for file in *_${Today}*.csv *_${Today}*.txt do if || then echo "This file will be processed in separate script" continue fi if ;then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
VFS_STATFS(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					     VFS_STATFS(9)

NAME
VFS_STATFS -- return file system status SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> #include <sys/vnode.h> int VFS_STATFS(struct mount *mp, struct statfs *sbp); DESCRIPTION
The VFS_STATFS() macro returns various pieces of information about the file system, including recommended I/O sizes, free space, free inodes, etc. The arguments it expects are: mp The file system. sbp A statfs structure, as defined by <sys/mount.h>, into which information is placed about the file system. The fields of struct statfs related to the file system are as follows: f_type Type of file system. f_flags A copy of mount exported flags. f_bsize Fragment size. f_iosize Optimal transfer block size. f_blocks The total number of data blocks in the file system. f_bfree The number of free blocks in the file system. f_bavail The number of free blocks available to non-superuser processes. f_files The total number of file nodes in the file system. f_ffree The number of free nodes available to non-superuser processes. f_syncwrites The number of synchronous writes since the file system was mounted. f_asyncwrites The number of asynchronous writes since the file system was mounted. f_syncreads The number of synchronous reads since the file system was mounted. f_asyncreads The number of asynchronous reads since the file system was mounted. f_namemax The maximum file name length for this file system. f_owner The user ID of the user that mounted the file system. f_fsid Unique file system ID. f_fstypename The file system type name; a string of at most MFSNAMELEN bytes. f_mntfromname The device name the file system was mounted from; a string of at most MNAMELEN bytes. f_mntonname The name of the directory on which the file system is mounted; a string of at most MNAMELEN bytes. SEE ALSO
VFS(9), vnode(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Doug Rabson. BSD
May 23, 2009 BSD