Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Really strange unix message
Operating Systems AIX Really strange unix message Post 302497437 by t01scra on Thursday 17th of February 2011 07:45:59 AM
Old 02-17-2011
Really strange unix message

We are getting this message on our AIX box. No one knows where its coming from. Where can I find any information on it?

Warning: file system free space is less than 10
file system total size = -2621440
file system available space = 2485160
file system used space = -5106592
file system utilization at 194.801025%

thank you, clint

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

there was a strange character(^M) been added automatically in UNIX

I used Notepad to compile my txt file and then I transferred this file to UNIX. When I use vi to open the file, I found that at the end of each line there was a "^M" character. In the original txt file there was not this character. Why this character would been added automatically in UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jasmine
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange "Unable to load interpreter" message!

Hi all, I run RedHat. Not a long ago it has started to give me message on the screen "Unable to load an interpreter". Just plain message. I checked log files. I havent found anything strange in there. Any suggestions what it might mean and how to get rid of it? Thank you all. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP Unix MC Message Guard

Can somebody please give me a description of MC Service Guard running on HP Unix? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: czinzi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ed strange error message

When I start ed as regular user, following message is displayed: $ed ERROR: tempnam failed: Permission denied $ I think, following error produced in vi when search results from previous error: No previous regular expression Setting TMPDIR variable cause no effect. As root all works... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frenki
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

very strange behaviour on unix server

Hi guys, im encountering some very strange behaviour (intermittently) when visiting my domain. We have a dedicated unix server hosting a number of sites with the problem currently reported on one site. I go to mydomain.com, and am directed to http://www.mydomain.com/?fnf=1 Classified ads... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bolo77
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error message with regex test...

Hi all, I have a script where i need to check the format of a string. finally, i'm waiting a "process name" and 2 numbers separated by a "," string like : "this_is_a_string.txt,1,10 should be ok" string ok : "apache.exe,1,10" string ok : "mysqld,50,0" string not ok : "ap ache,1,10"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fgilain
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Error Message in unix

Hi all......I'm sorry if my english is not that good. Can somebody help me to about this error. I found it in message.log Jan 16 18:22:42 ASM imapd: get_balanced_partition: -- chosen Jan 16 18:22:50 ASM SUNW,UltraSPARC-III+: NOTICE: Corrected system bus (CE) Event detected by CPU1 at TL=0,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: komang
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a strange message when executing the sort command

Dear all, when I issue the command: gunzip -c file.gz |sort the command is executed normally and correctly but a message keeps appearing everytime I run the command: the message: sort: missing NEWLINE added at end of input file STDIN Does anyone know what is the meaning of this message?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marwan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I am getting strange message when run borne shell script

I have a code: if then#{ process daily files for file in *_${Today}*.csv *_${Today}*.txt do if || then echo "This file will be processed in separate script" continue fi if ;then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
msgmap(5)							File Formats Manual							 msgmap(5)

NAME
msgmap - number of entries in the System V IPC message space resource map (OBSOLETE) DESCRIPTION
The tunable is obsolete and has been removed. This tunable specified the size of (number of entries in) the message space resource map that tracks the free space in shared IPC message space. Message space allocation mechanism is changed in the kernel and this tunable is no longer required. For more information about System V message queues, refer to the section of the mesg(5) manpage. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter has been obsoleted for HP-UX 11i Version 3 and forward. AUTHOR
was developed by AT&T. SEE ALSO
msgrcv(2), mesg(5), msgmbs(5), msgmax(5), msgmnb(5), msgmni(5), msgseg(5), msgssz(5), msgtql(5). OBSOLETE
Tunable Kernel Parameters msgmap(5)